Liberty Pushchair or Adaptive Star Lassen

1437disney

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any suggestions which might be better for parks and bus use ( folding up). Or any other stroller for a special needs 7 year old? She can walk and run (with a wide gait), but not for too long and will probably nap in it too after the small walking times. Tia!

Does anyone have any suggestions which might be better for parks and bus use ( folding up). Or any other stroller for a special needs 7 year old? She can walk and run (with a wide gait), but not for too long and will probably nap in it too after the small walking times. Tia!
I would look for one that has bs tie downs if you can get it in case at end of day she is tired and wants to stay in on bus

If those are the 2 options, I would lean towards the Lassen simply because I prefer that style. However, when DD was that age and we were looking to rent or purchase a special needs stroller, we ultimately went with a Maclaren Major Elite. It's lightweight for folding and carrying on WDW transportation, easy to push, she was comfortable in it (still is even though she is much bigger and we rarely use it now). However, it doesn't recline if you wanted that for her nap (DD would nod off sitting up). Do you have insurance to help with the purchase? If not, the Maclaren is considerably less expensive; another factor for us.

Enjoy your vacation!

I would look for one that has bs tie downs if you can get it in case at end of day she is tired and wants to stay in on bus

That would be nice, but we usually just wait for a bus were she can have a seat.

If those are the 2 options, I would lean towards the Lassen simply because I prefer that style. However, when DD was that age and we were looking to rent or purchase a special needs stroller, we ultimately went with a Maclaren Major Elite. It's lightweight for folding and carrying on WDW transportation, easy to push, she was comfortable in it (still is even though she is much bigger and we rarely use it now). However, it doesn't recline if you wanted that for her nap (DD would nod off sitting up). Do you have insurance to help with the purchase? If not, the Maclaren is considerably less expensive; another factor for us.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you. We actually will be renting, so I am not sure if they have a Maclaren. I will have to look into that. Thank you for your suggestion!

Enjoy your vacation!
Sorry to bug you, do you know if the lassen would fold up enough to use the bus transportation? I looked at the Maclaren and it is not padded enough ( she rocks and bangs her head). Any help would be useful. Thank you!

I don’t have any personal experience with the Lassen, but the website lists the folded size as:
Folded with wheels: L 49” X W 24” X H 16”

By comparison, the CityMini Double, which is a common stroller seen at the parks and looks rather unwieldy to me, lists it’s folded dimensions as:
Folded Dimensions (L x W x H) 41” x 30” x 41.9”
Or the slightly larger CityMini GT Double:
44” x 29.75” x 30”

I know you aren’t interested in those double strollers, but it shows the size comparison with a large stroller often lugged onto the buses at WDW. The Lassen weighs 34 pounds, which is slightly heavier as well. It also appears to be larger (folded) than the Liberty Pushchair.

Without seeing either model in person, it’s hard to judge. At the time we looked into a special needs stroller, I thought the Liberty seemed large. But the Lassen is probably more comparable to the Freedom, which is a larger version of the Liberty. Since we specifically wanted something easy to use at WDW and using the buses, we didn’t consider any of those large models. Would the Special Tomato Pushchair be an appropriate option for your child? That was another we considered.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!