Life really............

doxdogy

DIS Veteran
stinks right now. Have been out of work since May, can't find another job. My unemployment is getting ready to run out. FIL has been in a nursing home for about 5 years. Last month he was diagnosed with lung cancer. They are moving him back to the hospital today from the nursing home. They are telling DH that it doesn't look good. Of course, he has no income (besides social security) and no life insurance. DH's brother and his wife have promise to split the cost of the funereal (spelling?). But, these are the same two people that owe us over $2,000. So, I won't be holding my breath. So, if they don't come through I have no earthly idea how we are going to swing it. He does want to be cremated, so that does cut the expense down some. So, I guess I am getting into one of my pity party moods. It is just upsets me that none of our friends or DH's brother have offered to help us out one bit. The only one that has offered his help is my dad. I wouldn't be so upset if it wasn't for the fact that we have helped DH's family out quite a bit, as with some of our friends. It was never done with the intent for them to do the same. But, is sure would be nice if they would at least offer. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Cause I am just about at my wit's end.

I am so sorry for what you are going through right now.

I hope things will get better for you soon.

Lisajl

Sorry that your day seems to be the pits. I hope it does get better.

I'm sorry. :( No advice, but I do have hugs, and P&PD for you. I hope things get better soon.

just ask him what the options are......some are just as expensive if you still have a visiting hour with the body and then the cremation after......go and ask questions....it will not hurt to do some talking now......good luck and I will be thinking of you

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this and so very sorry to hear that your FIL is ill.

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie

Katholyn

I am so sorry that things are so hard for you right now:( {{HUGS}}

Thank you all for your kind words of support. It helps to be able to get it off my chest.

I'm sorry. :( Life does stink sometimes but there's always an upswing too. I hope yours comes soon.

I'm sorry things are not going well right now. Sometimes we all need a little "pity party" time before we can regroup and handle things again so don't feel bad about it.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a bad time right now. :(

Hope things work out for you real soon.

(((((hugs)))))

I am so sorry that things are so bad for you right now. I really do hope things look up for you and your family soon {{hugs}}

Sorry to hear of your tough time, doxdogy. A big {{Hug}} for you and a prayer for things to go better for you and your family. My best for your FIL, that his final days be comfortable and pain-free. It will get better, doxdogy, it will. Again, {hugs}. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter