Lifted and Shifted

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
Just lifted and shifted my Harmony cruise from this November to November 2021. The itinerary was slightly different but that wasn't a problem. I had a studio room and got to keep my same room. I was worried about studios being all booked up but it was fine. Just thought I would share :)

Thanks for the info. We are booked on the Nov 1 Harmony sailing but I'm seriously doubting it will happen. Fortunately we live in Orlando so if it does get canceled there won't be any major adjustments for us to make.

What dates are you sailing in 2021?

Thanks for the info. We are booked on the Nov 1 Harmony sailing but I'm seriously doubting it will happen. Fortunately we live in Orlando so if it does get canceled there won't be any major adjustments for us to make.

What dates are you sailing in 2021?

Nov14-Nov 20 2021

I live in Clearwater so it wasn't a big adjustment for me either. lucky us Florididans :)

We lifted and shifted from Thanksgiving 2020 on Harmony to Thanksgiving 2021 on Harmony. We were able to stay in a GS after the switch but had to move to a different room (there were only a handful of GS left on the 2021 cruise).

I did the lift and shift for the Thanksgiving Harmony today, and was able to keep the same category but had to change decks to get connecting rooms.

I did the lift and shift for the Thanksgiving Harmony today, and was able to keep the same category but had to change decks to get connecting rooms.
We did the same for our Anthem Dec cruise. Moved it to next Dec.
Do your connecting rooms have a change of category? With our 2020 cruise, it was simply 2 balcony rooms that connected. They apparently re-categorized the rooms and so for 2021, they come is as "connecting balcony rooms" (so different category code). It confused the Royal agent and also ended up with a different deck. Funny thing is, I never see these rooms come up when I do a mock booking....and the agent couldn't even find the rooms that we previously had (even though I could see they were free)

We did the same for our Anthem Dec cruise. Moved it to next Dec.
Do your connecting rooms have a change of category? With our 2020 cruise, it was simply 2 balcony rooms that connected. They apparently re-categorized the rooms and so for 2021, they come is as "connecting balcony rooms" (so different category code). It confused the Royal agent and also ended up with a different deck. Funny thing is, I never see these rooms come up when I do a mock booking....and the agent couldn't even find the rooms that we previously had (even though I could see they were free)

Yes, the agent I talked to initially thought there were no connecting rooms available and then remembered the re-categorization and found the rooms. She also couldn't find the rooms I could see available on the website, so strange!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!