Like an Idiot, I promised my DD3

mulberrybush

Mouseketeer
That we could stay the hotel that looks at Cinderella's castle.

You see, she got one of my dis apps accidentally on her (wifi only) phone and has apparently been looking at all the resorts. She really wanted BLT.

Well, stupid me said "OK" before checking availability. With 2 adults and 2 toddlers, I'm worried claustrophobia would set in with a studio. I've read all the threads about rooms/views, etc. Now I need some back-room Vegas odds and guesses:

1b lake and pray for outside C, North side
1b MK for 2 nights (requiring moving rooms/resorts TWICE)
Studio MK
1b standard lower floor outside C

WWYD?

I already have a few days at VWL (bc it seems to be a holiday season requirement!) for the start of the trip...

That we could stay the hotel that looks at Cinderella's castle.

You see, she got one of my dis apps accidentally on her (wifi only) phone and has apparently been looking at all the resorts. She really wanted BLT.

Well, stupid me said "OK" before checking availability. With 2 adults and 2 toddlers, I'm worried claustrophobia would set in with a studio. I've read all the threads about rooms/views, etc. Now I need some back-room Vegas odds and guesses:

1b lake and pray for outside C, North side
1b MK for 2 nights (requiring moving rooms/resorts TWICE)
Studio MK
1b standard lower floor outside C

WWYD?

I already have a few days at VWL (bc it seems to be a holiday season requirement!) for the start of the trip...

I would tell her that you tried your best but all the rooms are taken at the castle hotel. You can stay somewhere else or wait for the castle hotel in a couple of years.

:earsboy: Bill

OK, at 3 years old, I was still making my kids believe mommy has a "Mommy" eye that sees everything they can do :) So unless she's one precocious girl, this should be doable.

So, I think you can try - but holidays are really tough unless you book right at 11 month or at 7 month if it's not your home resort. Maybe you can try for 1 night, if you are really THAT desperate and flexible. But I just checked, and there seems to be lots of availability, specially on the 2BRs :)

An alternative is to just schedule maybe a character breakfast there so you ARE there? And then bringing her to the ToTWL at night?

We are spending our last night in a TP MK View studio next week. Three adults, one 4 yr old....snagged at 7 months. We WILL make it work...however, for next year, the big family trip, we will rent BLT points for a TP GV for our last night....will not chance not getting at 7 months out...although we could do 2 bedroom TP View and one studio LV....I have until July to mull it over a bit more...but with only 6 TP GV, think my odds are better at 11 months, even if its only for 1 week night in June.

ok, if your get a lake view room, there are more of these than the other views.

You could walk her down the hallway, that faces the castle and show her the castle. Isn't ideal. I wouldn't want to be switching rooms, but thats me.
Hallways are pretty short compared to AKV and BWV.

More fun time then packing and unpacking.

The hotel faces the castle but, the room view doesn't.
Plus, if you get a lake view, she can watch all the boats on the lake side and the water parade at night.
Plus you can see the epcot ball, and some of the high epcot fireworks at night.

We just stayed in a lake view room a few weeks ago, outside, south wing.
Being in walking distance is fabulous, so you don't have to pack and unpack the stroller when going to the MK.
Plus to get from dumbo to the resort was about a 20 min walk. Not on the way thru bag check and ticketing on the way in, but he ay out of the park.

ok, if your get a lake view room, there are more of these than the other views.

You could walk her down the hallway, that faces the castle and show her the castle. Isn't ideal. I wouldn't want to be switching rooms, but thats me.
Hallways are pretty short compared to AKV and BWV.

More fun time then packing and unpacking.

The hotel faces the castle but, the room view doesn't.
Plus, if you get a lake view, she can watch all the boats on the lake side and the water parade at night.
Plus you can see the epcot ball, and some of the high epcot fireworks at night.

We just stayed in a lake view room a few weeks ago, outside, south wing.
Being in walking distance is fabulous, so you don't have to pack and unpack the stroller when going to the MK.
Plus to get from dumbo to the resort was about a 20 min walk. Not on the way thru bag check and ticketing on the way in, but he ay out of the park.

This addresses so many of my concerns! Great info - thank you so much!!

OK, at 3 years old, I was still making my kids believe mommy has a "Mommy" eye that sees everything they can do :) So unless she's one precocious girl, this should be doable.

So, I think you can try - but holidays are really tough unless you book right at 11 month or at 7 month if it's not your home resort. Maybe you can try for 1 night, if you are really THAT desperate and flexible. But I just checked, and there seems to be lots of availability, specially on the 2BRs :)

An alternative is to just schedule maybe a character breakfast there so you ARE there? And then bringing her to the ToTWL at night?

Completely agree!! Too many people, especially at WDW feel that these things "ruin" their vacation. Its a good time to for her to learn that you don't really get EVERYTHING you want. And let her feel grown up, by telling her you tried and its not available, but maybe the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter