"Like Father" movie on Netflix, on Harmony of the Seas and Western Caribbean?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I have watched a Netflix movie called "Like Father" with Kristen Bell, Kelsey Grammer and Seth Rogen...

While it wasn't the greatest movie of all time... It was certainly the best informercial for Royal Caribbean and cruising!

I was wondering if some of you had an idea where they went in Jamaica and where the zipline they have shown from another port was?

Also, a cruise departing from NYC going to Jamaica???

Anyway. Made me wanna book a cruise on a bigger ship (like Oasis and Harmony).

Overall, with what I have seen from the movie and the research I'm doing on the Mariner of the Seas which we are going to sail on in 2019, I think the ships look absolutely amazing.

I'm pretty sure the Jamaica scenes were shot at the Blue Hole and the ziplining was Labadee

Yes exactly. That was the original Labadee zipline too I think, I believe they have a new one where you fly like superman (which looks like more fun to me).

And that was when Harmony was "new" so it wasn't a regular route. They don't normally cruise to Jamaica from New York. I think Symphony did something similar when it started? Perhaps they will again with their next new ship.

They do have New York cruises that go to the Caribbean but they tend to be on older ships on a regular schedule.

Yes exactly. That was the original Labadee zipline too I think, I believe they have a new one where you fly like superman (which looks like more fun to me).

And that was when Harmony was "new" so it wasn't a regular route. They don't normally cruise to Jamaica from New York. I think Symphony did something similar when it started? Perhaps they will again with their next new ship.

They do have New York cruises that go to the Caribbean but they tend to be on older ships on a regular schedule.

Was there last week, they were flying both sitting and superman, I suppose you get a choice, which would be easy with it having multiple lines.

So Lifetime Canada (or maybe it was Slice. Too many channels nowadays) just recently aired a Hallmark TV movie called "Love at Sea", which was also filmed on Harmony, seemingly guerrilla-style (since it was an active sailing). My wife and kids were watching it on PVR, I was watching the Raptors game on my tablet so was kinda-sorta-not really paying attention. They haven't finished the movie yet, but it seems pretty paint-by-numbers.

The good news (for cruisers) is that the film is basically a 100-minute advert for Harmony of the Seas, so you do get to see quite a few things on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!