Lilo's PLayhouse or Sandcastle Club

Mcterry

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are trying to eat at California Grill for our anniversary. Right now we have a reservation with our kids. We are debating instead of bringing them with us putting them in either Lilo's Playhouse or Sandcastle club. Which one would you recommend? We are staying at Beach Club but we will have a car and could easily drop them at the Poly on the way to the Contemporary. We have a 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl.

Depends on when you go. All kids clubs are slated to close July 31 I believe. If you are staying prior to July 31 I’d pick Sandcastle since you are staying there anyway.

Depends on when you go. All kids clubs are slated to close July 31 I believe. If you are staying prior to July 31 I’d pick Sandcastle since you are staying there anyway.

Are they replacing the kids clubs with anything else?

We are going early May. Is there any difference between the kids clubs or do they do the same things?

We have done both kids club and prefer Sandcastle Club. It seems to be more hands on, less chaotic and a better child to Cast Member ratio. They have a lot for the kids to do (from arts & crafts, video games, dance party, character meet and greets, etc.)- they also have a separate room in case one of the kids falls asleep or needs some peace and quiet. Not that Lilo's Playhouse is bad- but after a few days in the parks- its nice to have a place that is a little dialed back. Also, its in your hotel so if someone did fall asleep- you wouldn't have to wake them up and carry them far.

My kids have tried both and absolutely preferred Sandcastle Club. We have had to practically drag them out at pick up and they're always singing a song they learned there and carrying a treat and a pile of crafts they made. Mine are aging out this year but I think it's a shame this is closing for other families. I felt like they always had as good of a time as if they went out with us, which was a win win for all.

I agree with the PP's. My DS has done both Sandcastle and Lilo's several times and he much preferred Sandcastle. It will make your evening so much easier, too, to simply drop them off where you are staying and then head over to CR.

I, too, think it's a shame they are closing. My DS has outgrown the club now, but on many trips, it was his absolute favorite thing to do after a day in the parks. It was a great place for the kids to unwind, meet some new friends and do some more interactive activities than you typically find in the theme parks.

I agree to make it easy and use where you are staying. Helps that there are so many positive reviews! We used Lilo's as we were staying there and the kids absolutely loved it. So sad to hear they are closing those as I think it is such a fantastic option for a fun experience while the parents have a nice night out.

WAIT, What? They are just closing them?

Didn't they JUST redo Lilo's playhouse not too long ago?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!