Limo... silly for 4 people?

Aisling

<font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your
We used a towncar for our last trip. It was ok, DH sat in the front with the driver, and I sat in back with DS 10 and DS 16. It was tight, but not really uncomfortable.
But now I'm considering a limo to take us from MCO to Universal Royal Pacific. My kids love the idea, and since I can afford it, I say we should go for it. (DH doesn't care one way or the other.)
But I've gotten a couple of discouraging comments from friends who say it's ridiculous to hire a limo for only 4 people, that we'd look silly.
Have any of you ever used a limo? I haven't been in one since my wedding 20 years ago!

We have taken a limo to and from the airport in Orlando to Walt DisneyWorld for the last 10 years and wouldn't do it any other way. We always travel on a red eye flight and when we arrive, we want to relax and let someone else take care of things. The limo gives us the ablilty to stretch out, relax and all in private.

There is a big cost difference and not everyone can add that cost to an already costly vacation, but if you can handle that cost why not treat yourself. When I'm on vacation I don't care who does the driving as long as it's NOT me!

I say go for it! We always book a towncar from Happy Limo to go to WDW or Port Canaveral, but a couple of times they have upgraded us to a limo. It's just hubby and I, so we felt like we could do ballroom dancing in there. :teeth:
One of the times was when we had gone to Discovery Cove after our Disney cruise and then had them pick us up to go from DC to MCO. Our pickup was slated for shortly after closing time, so we were sitting in the DC lobby area along with numerous other people who were waiting for rides etc. When that super stretch pulled up and just hubby and I hopped in, you should have seen the looks we got! I think people were trying to figure out whether we were celebrities or something. I think it would be super to have the limo for a special occasion...go for it and you will have a blast.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thank you so much! I'm so excited to say we're going for the limo!

So, what limo company does anyone recommend? I see Happy Limo mentioned--bracho--? Who do you use? If I am spending the money, I want to be sure I will be happy, lol.
For now, we prefer to rent a car, but might use a limo in the future. We live in a small town and the traffic in Orlando can be a bit overwhelming.

We have used Tiffany's several times and have never had a bad experience with them and one flight we arrived in Orlando at 5:45am. They were waiting for us at baggage claim with a smile on his face and ready to help. We asked the driver to stop by the store before we arrived to the resort because we forgot a bottle of wine that we were bring for one of the concierge staff members as a gift for all of his hard work.

We had to wait 15 minutes because they wouldn't sell booze til after 7am..LOL but at 7 we walked out of the store, the driver dropped us off at the resort andf told us he would see us in 9 days and he told us to have a .. ready for this.. A MAGICAL VACATION!!

We are using Tiffanys again for the 4th time I think, based on the service they have provided to us in the past. But remember, our experience has always been good but then I have seen times where others haven't had the same luck as we have...

The best of luck!!

Don't feel bad, I'm goin for it too ;) . It will be my 7 yr old son, 8yr old neice and myself. If you can afford it go right ahead.

Due to all the great experiences I've read about in these threads , I'm going with Yourride and Rabbitz.

The look on my sons face when he sees the stretch limo will be worth a million dollars.

YourRide was great for us - Jim was always there waiting for us with his beautiful white stretch.

please checkout Fl Tours they are a sponsor of these boards and help keep them available for us all to enjoy.

Trekker;

Have you ever used this company? I would be willing to change just to so support for the "DIS" as long as the service is there. If you have any first hand information about this company I would like to hear about it. I did call them and talked to a guy by the name of Andy, got a quote for a round time from the airport to Disney as well.

Thanks

I used YourRide.net (sponsor of the DIS) Jan 1 and Jan 5, 2003 and LOVED it. Beautiful whie stretch and Jim was incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter