Linking reservations not made through WDW

ewasilau

Mouseketeer
Editing this to ask a more specific question -

In a quest to plan a fun but also not too expensive summer trip (something hopeful in this time of uncertainty), we are looking at making a 5-6 night reservation at CBR with 7 or 8 day park hoppers, plus a 3-night reservation at the Doubletree in Disney Springs to immediately follow (which is a Disney hotel for purposes of the 60 day FP+ window).

Has anyone made reservations at an offsite hotel - and not through WDW - that does qualify for the 60 day FP+ window and have you had any trouble linking it to MDE?

If I book through the Hilton/Doubletree website itself, is it easier to link to MDE (rather than through hotels.com, etc)? Will we have any trouble making our FP+ when we are 60 days out? We will want to make all 7 or 8 park days at once, of course, and will have two qualifying resort stays.

Any other thoughts on our plan?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Made some edits to my post, hoping for some advice as we would like to book soon while prices are low.

Editing this to ask a more specific question -

In a quest to plan a fun but also not too expensive summer trip (something hopeful in this time of uncertainty), we are looking at making a 5-6 night reservation at CBR with 7 or 8 day park hoppers, plus a 3-night reservation at the Doubletree in Disney Springs to immediately follow (which is a Disney hotel for purposes of the 60 day FP+ window).

Has anyone made reservations at an offsite hotel - and not through WDW - that does qualify for the 60 day FP+ window and have you had any trouble linking it to MDE?

If I book through the Hilton/Doubletree website itself, is it easier to link to MDE (rather than through hotels.com, etc)? Will we have any trouble making our FP+ when we are 60 days out? We will want to make all 7 or 8 park days at once, of course, and will have two qualifying resort stays.

Any other thoughts on our plan?

Thanks!
I've booked an offsite hotel through a 3rd party and used MDE. I got the code for linking by calling the hotel. That said, I recommend booking directly rather than with a 3rd party. Easier to make changes & cancellations if needed. Especially given the uncertainty surrounding this pandemic.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!