Lisa & Oliver's Planning Journal, Hopefully 01.11.2011

PrincessinLuv

Disney Bride in Training
Hey guys, I've been a bit of a voyeur, lurking about this site. You are all brilliant with all your DIY projects and such.:worship: I got engaged Monday, 06.22.09 and I'm a little bummed today as my hero, the King of Pop has past away. So I thought what better time to start my PJ to get my mind off it, and back to the happy stuff. So...

The Engagement

I had a feeling it was going to happen this day. After all since when is it normal to go on a one day trip to Disney, right? Not that I'm complaining. (usually we go for at least a weekend)

DSCF0746.jpg

The weather was beautiful, for those who had those little fans attached to water bottles. For the rest of us it was extremely hot, but the sun was out so we were happy. Our day started off in Hollywood Studios, though we were barely in time for any rides. And all he kept saying was, "it's your day, I just ask that we end up in Magic Kingdom," which made sense since the car was there. At the time I didn't understand why on earth it was my day. Our favorite park has to be Epcot, and so we strolled on over in hopes of getting lunch in a new country.

We made our 'reservations' the same ones that unbeknownst to me had been made a few days prior. And at 5:30pm we would be going to a fancy French restaurant, something I'd always wanted to experience. At least until Oliver mentioned that he wasn't too excited about it. I couldn't really blame him, duck and pork didn’t sound too appetizing to me either. I felt a little bad about that, but he assured me it would be okay, and as he went off to the restroom I found a comfy, air-conditioned spot in a building next to the bistro. When he came back he began emptying his pockets, as if looking for something. When his pockets were emptied I thought, 'I must have been wrong.'

wedlocbp2.jpg

At 5:30 our names were called and we were lead to our seats by the window, the view of the World showcase as our backdrop. Once we’d had our meals that were absolutely delicious we decided on desert to split. Crème Brule my favorite! I couldn’t help but notice Oliver smiling throughout dinner, and each time he did I found myself asking if my makeup was running or perhaps he was thinking of something rather entertaining.

I’d watched the servers as they passed by us, I assumed there must have been a birthday. But when I looked around, I heard no singing, no sign of a birthday celebration. It wasn’t until the platter of three different styles of crème Brule were laid out before him and a separate dish with a small black box covered in caramelized whips of stringy sugar that I understood. My first words were, “are you serious?” Lol way to ruin the moment right? Well, he got nervous too, and though he was on one knee, he forgot to put the ring on me, let alone give me the small speech he prepared. But so is love, planning can only take you but so far.

DSCF0787.jpg

On June 22, 2009 at about six o’ clock in the evening applause erupted in the Bistro de Paris as both of our titles changed to Fiancé.​

I'll put up a pic of the ring soon. Until then here are my ideas thus far, we have roughly a year and a half to plan so things may change.

IDEAS

• A trip to Fairy Land: Twinkling lights, candles, green ivy, majestic purple and fuschia florals
  • Ceremony: England/ Epcot
  • Reception: Boardwalk Atlantic Dance Hall// Ariel's at the Beach Club
  • Fantasmic Desert Party

That's all I got for now. :)

• A trip to Fairy Land: Twinkling lights, candles, green ivy, majestic purple and fuschia florals

That sounds really great! I love the idea of it!

Can't wait to see a pic of the ring! It sounds like your DF had it all planned out. I think it's great how he emptied his pockets, do you think that was part of the plan??

Thank you! We both got engaged at French restaurants, go us! lol. And, yeah he did it on purpose to throw me off. I was thinking he was going to propose during the Wishes fireworks, and he knows me too well, so he did it to make me think it wasn't going to happen. lol.

Ah, you two are adorable! Love the fairy land idea. Congrats on your recent engagement! I can't wait to read more!!!!!

What a cute couple, and such a sweet engagement story! Congratulations!! :goodvibes The theme sounds wonderful.

I'll looking forward to reading more! popcorn::

Congratulations!! What a lovely engagement story, and a cute ideas for theming - it all sound very exciting!! And I do love another bride using a splash of fuschia!!

Looking forward to reading more! x

Okay, there is plenty of time, but so far I am looking at this color scheme. I love purple with golds, and green is my favorite color. I'm thinking of doing silk floral, with the a few tips here and there dipped in silver glitter to look almost like there is a morning frost.

mosaic2028008.jpg

863-purple_iris_yellow_tulips_bouqu.jpg

I really like this one but maybe with a touch of yellow, gold, or fuchsia instead of the pale roses.
2110665565f389ea1ff8.jpg

And...not sure where or how i can incorporate this, but I love how it looks as if their are fireflies in the glass jars. :angel:

candles.jpg

Ohh I love that!! That first bouquet is gorgeous!!! I almost went with dark purple like that too! It's so pretty!

Your engagement story is so cute!!! Loved it!

Your colors are wonderful, I love those glass jars! :thumbsup2

Hooray for another possible purple-ish wedding! :woohoo: That second bouquet is seriously awesome!! And I love the "firefly" jars! ;)

It's like Tinkerbell will be on your table!!!! I think that's an AMAZING idea!!!! I love the purple and yellow, it's really striking. Love, love, love!!! :goodvibes:

Congratulations! That's a great engagement story! I love your theme idea and the colors are going to be beautiful! My favorite is the firefly's, that is truely cool!

Adorable engagement story! I love love love the colors, I'm a fan of the bright colors :) The firefly jars are a great idea, I love it.

Great start so far, can't wait to hear more. . .and see the ring :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter