live TR - a southern road trip and a bit of Disney at the end :)

Had fun yesterday, went to discovery cove during the day then GKTW in the evening :)
I got to DC about 9.15, checked in and got my swim time for 1.05
I went and had some brekkie then got changed, spent a relaxing few hours between the grand reef, the lazy river and the aviary. When it was time for my swim I headed over to sand dollar cabana, then had our interaction with roxy. Got some more food before I left then headed out just after 3.30.
I headed to DTD for a wander (it's even more of a pain there now that they've closed all marketplace parking lots so you have to park in West side and walk across)
I stopped back off at the apartment on the way and chilled for an hour or so, then headed to gktw. I was doing the Xmas parade so got to be an Eskimo again, the weather held out this time so we actually got to parade this time unlike the last time. Spent some time playing with the kids then home time.

Today's been a long day, got to ak about 9 ish. I only have 2 days at Disney this trip so having to try and cram as much in as poss in such a little time....
Mum and dad haven't been to Disney since 2005 so we did the bits they wanted to do. Started at the safaris then I snuck onto single rider on everest. They just wanted to look at Asia as it wasn't open the last time they were there. They don't do proper rides so we called it a day at AK and headed to epcot.
At epcot we did turtle talk, nemo, the land, spaceship earth, grand fiesta tour and walked round world showcase. The flower and garden festival is on at the moment so it was cool seeing all the topiaries
we then got the monorail to MK and rode jungle cruise, pirates and haunted mansion. my original plan was to stay there after they left and watch wishes but the early start and the heat had taken its toll so I headed back with them.
Tonight me and dad wandered over to old town, looked at the cars and listened to the band with a beer :)
Tomorrow they're off to miami for a cruise and I'm off to seaworld

Wow, what a trip. Just caught up on your adventures. It's a shame HHI wasn't all that exciting- I think you've made up for it since though! Enjoy your the rest of your trip :)

Yesterday was a great day at sea world, I haven't been there in a few years so it made a great change.
I got there early, as soon as it opened I went on manta (even got the back row!), then headed to atlantis and rode that then headed to the new penguin ride. Got into the pre brief room then the ride went down, which wasn't a problem really but they left us in the tiny room for 10 mins with the doors shut. I'm not clastrophobic by any means but after 10 mins in a tiny room we were all ready to get out of there. We went straight through to the penguin exhibit which is a lot more impressive than the old one which used to be behind glass. This one is better but man its cold when you're used to 30 degree heat outside!
Headed to kraken which opened at 10 and stood in the queue for 25 mins while they tried to fix it (sensing a theme here lol ;) Atlantis broke later in the day too) but eventually got on and rode twice, and managed front row too :)
Then watched blue horizons, and the rest of the day was spent watching one ocean and pets ahoy, riding wild arctic, turtle trek (really cool video but makes you a bit motion sick after a while) looking at the animals and wandering over past the brew bands and BBQ bit.
Left just after 6.30, stopped past old town to grab a burger for dinner, then sat in the private jacuzzi at the apartment with a drink :)

Today has been another scorcher, yesterdays real feel temp was 36 degrees, today's is 33....
got to epcot this morning at 8.30, and legged it over to soarin. Got talking to a nice American lady on the way over there and ended up chatting all the way til we got off :)
I then jumped in the single rider queue for test track (got stuck behind loads of huge family groups, seriously people use the actual line!) ;) then went to the art of Disney store on the way out to pick up a print I saw a few days ago and decided I wanted. Those were the only two rides at epcot I really wanted to go on so headed to the studios.
I'd made FPs while waiting to get into epcot so headed to rock and roller and rode single rider, then wandered round the shops til my ToT fp time came around.
On the way out of Tower I stopped to watch one of the street performances which as usual was really funny, then headed to toy story and rode that. once again I got best score of the hour :) then headed to star tours via the gift shop. Have been actively trying to stay out the sun today as it's too hot and I'm trying not to burn, the UV index today has been listed as very high.
Headed out about 3.30 and back to the apartment via publix for some dinner.
Ive had a lie in the jacuzzi again and off out soon to the MK for the last evening of the holiday :( gonna get on some rides and watch wishes

Had a productive few hours tonight, stayed in MK for 3 and a half hours and managed to do monsters laugh floor, stitch, haunted mansion, big thunder, philharmonic, and watched the electrical parade and wishes. Ended up watching wishes from fantasyland because there was such a bad bottleneck trying to get back into the hub, so I went back round the back. It's different watching it from back there as there's fireworks all around you but personally I think I still prefer the full front view with the castle.
Have just stuffed a few more things in the suitcase and pretty much finished packing now :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter