• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lockers in Parks - many Questions

bengunn

Pirate Member
Right as we are under 40 days to go now, it seems to be about the right time to start doing some planning, so expect lots of stupid questions over the next weeks.

Todays questions:

Lockers in parks -

1) In Disney I believe that they are only near the entrances - is this correct?

2) In IOA where there are rides likely to empty your pockets or get everything wet, are there more locker near most of the rides?

3) How big are the lockers (I am thinking camera bag size) ?

4) What do you need to pay for them? If coins, is it a lot of quarters, or do they have larger coins since we last went?

All help much appreciated.

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Kinda like you'd get at a Gym, tall and narrow if you know what I mean, you can fit a good size rucksack in there easy enough. Well, the Disney ones anyhow, I've never actually used an IOA one.

4) Nope, you pay for you locker at a desk with a CM and they give you a key, this is because you pay a deposit too, you pay $5, when you return the key, you get $2 back.

5) Oh wait...you didn't have a 5) did you!? Well, I'll go ahead and mention it anyhow in case you didn't know. Your locker rental is good for the day at ANY park, so if you are park hopping, be sure to keep your receipt so you can get a locker elsewhere and not pay again.

Penny :D

Thanks Penny,

I had a horrible vision of having to carry dozens of quarters around to pay for lockers:rolleyes:

Thanks for the (5) as well that is one I certainly did not know that presumably only applies to Disney?

Just to mention the lockers in IOA were a bit different when we went. I cant remember quite the scenario but I think you got half an hour free - if you went over your time, you paid a quarter per half an hour over. It was all computerised and there was a machine there.

Quite large - enough for all our stuff. :)

Thanks Janice,

I am thinking of changes of clothing for water rides at IOA plus camera, camcorder etc. so sounds as though it should be OK.

25c per half hour sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Hi

Just to let you know when we went to USF We got a locker right at the entrance of the park (on the left) for the whole day as we were staying for Halloween Horror Nights (HHN). They were big enough to stuff loads in there, camera, camcorder and change of clothes.

Kaylee :D

Thanks Kaylee,

I like the way I can always be sure of getting useful answers to questions on these boards.

I believe the locker price in WDW parks has increased to $7, $2 back on return of the key.
In IOA, we used the bigger lockers near the entrance - these are $5 - we used them for the change of clothes we took and a towel and didn't regret this as the water rides e.g. Dudley Do-Rights and the Bilge Rat Barges absolutely drench you!!!
The lockers adjacent to the rides are small.. good for caps, sunglasses etc . pesonal tems that may get wet or come off on the ride.
If you are going to Sea World, there are also lockers adjacent to the Journey To Atlantis and Kraken.
I should also mention that in Disney parks, you get a receipt when you get your key, and if you want to hop to another park, just take your receipt and you can use a locker at the park you've hopped to without paying again- it's good for the day.
We have found the lockers invaluable - especially if you are there from park open to park close!
..... should also add that there are two sizes of locker in the Disney parks, but you'll fit your camera bag into either!

Thanks Shirley,

We certainly intend to take changes of clothes for the water rides having got recently drenched on Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park (with no change of clothes available). I would imagine that in August clothes do not dry very quickly due to the high humidity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter