Loki S2 Discussion

I forgot it even cam out this week, which may speak to how excited I am about it. After teh dreadful finale of S1 I hope it can make up for that. Also, Marvel Fatigue is real and this week was just so full of Star Wars/Ahsoka excitement, that I couldn't devote energy to it. I will likely watch it this weekend though.

I watched it. I liked it, but I'm going to have to read a refresher because I've done forgotten what all is going on and the recap was super quick.

I'm with you on the Marvel fatigue. I don't particularly like Loki as a character and didn't really like the first season either but I'm continuing to watch the show because I've already invested time into the first season and I think Loki and The TVA etc are going to be important going forward for Avengers: Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars so don't want to be out of the loop with their storylines.

I did quite like this episode though, I must say and I really like O.B. so far but I'm definitely a lil sus of him seeing as
he said he wrote The TVA Handbook.

Why the hate for the first season? It had its flaws but overall I enjoyed it.

Honestly, I loved it...until the last episode. It was such a dissappointemnt. Let's finally meet the big bad - Kang the Conqueror no less - and talk over a desk at him for an hour. The discussion also made no sense and went in circles.

It's not alone - many of the marvel series have dropped the ball toward the end. They start strong but just lose their way. It's unfortunate and does hamper my excitment for them at this point.

I don't know if anyone else here is actually watching this but the emphasis they keep putting on The TVA Handbook each episode all of a sudden surely must mean something, right?

Overall, I thought the season dragged. I liked OB. Didn’t care too much about Sylvie. Probably should have cared about all the lives on the timelines but didn’t really feel the weight of what was at stake.

The pay off was in the final episode, though. Felt like it was back to Marvel cinema quality. Fun and dramatic and engaging. Bittersweet ending.

I really liked Season 2 more than the first one, though really, I think the entire series is like one story. I was dissatisfied with Season 1 for just not having an ending - as a whole I think it works well.

I thought it was great especially compared to Secret Invasion or She Hulk. I was worried the entire series wasn't going to matter for a few minutes during the finale, but was pleasantly surprised.

From a technical point of view, they spent money on this show and you can tell. The CGI was well done compared to some of the other Marvel shows.

Loki's entire MCU character arc is interesting. He's went from just another villain to a more nuanced character (no spoilers).

We just binged Season 2. The first episodes definitely dragged but it paid off in the end. Usually when I watch TV I'm occasionally glancing at my phone or talking to my husband about it. I don't think we exchanged one word during the finale and I don't think I took my eyes from the screen once. It was that compelling. I was never a fan of Loki until Ragnarok, and even then I mostly tolerated him, but man, Tom Hiddleston acts the hell out of that role. Glorious purpose, indeed.

I just finished Season 2 and thought it was really well done. I think I liked Season 1 more, but I think in general I like the build up of new characters more than the sustainment (no one likes O&M, right?!).

I really liked Season 2 more than the first one, though really, I think the entire series is like one story.
Totally agree!

And
"with the ending, I think this is probably the end of the Loki franchise (maybe even the end of Loki in the Marvel-verse all together)."

I really liked how fresh these characters were. Mobius and Loki were awesome together! OB and Casey. It was great

I just finished. I enjoyed it.
The discussion also made no sense and went in circles.
Yes, I had that same feeling after S1. Like...why? Now we understand, but the fact is a season shouldn't end like that, even if there is a plan for a second season.

But I did increase my enjoyment of this show immensely, when I started picturing watching this show as if I were reading a comic book. And then it got much better. (Same thing for Secret Invasion, by the way, but to a lesser extent.) Which makes sense: they should be making this like a comic book.

But of course, not everyone likes comics, so that will put a ceiling on some people's enjoyment--they want more Endgame, less "Fantastic Four, issue 112".*

Still, I agree with Brian on the Marvel Fatigue. I'm sure most people, after Endgame, were like "Another Marvel movie/show? We just spent 10 years on this. This is still going on?"

* To be clear, I'm not calling out any of the FF movies, as they were all bad. I just used them as an example because that was my favorite comic. Oh, and I was not a huge comic nerd, but I did read some. At least, enough to come to this conclusion on how to enjoy these Marvel series on D+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter