Long Beach thoughts?

3DisMunchkins

Mouseketeer
Im looking at at Airbnb in Long Beach for a couple of nights on the end of our trip. I’ve been to Huntington and Newport and several closer to San Diego but never to Long Beach. How does it compare? Do you like it? Really just want to hang at the beach for a day. Maybe wander around a bit. Anything else to nit miss there?
Thanks all!

Well, we’ve never been able to do touristy stuff there since we’ve been there for my son’s week long dance intensive and he’s too exhausted, but...food costs there make me long for the more budget-friendly Disneyland. :scared:

At least the places right down near the convention center...

Long Beach is primarily a commercial port. While there are some public beaches I'd stick with the ones farther down you've already mentioned...

Are you flying out of LAX? Otherwise I would also suggest staying south. Have you done Laguna yet?

Thanks. I was concerned about it being more of a “port” than recreational. The Airbnb I’m looking at does appear to be across from a sandy beach and right near Belmont pier. Anyone been to this area?
Like the idea of laguna...found one there also that looks good too. Third choice is Huntington but it’s a good bit more expensive.
We are staying at Disney for 5 nights then moving for 2 with flights out of SNA.
Keep the suggestions coming! You all are the best!

Depends what part of Long Beach you are in. If going to the beach is your main goal, I would stick closer to Huntington and Laguna. Belmont Pier/Shore, from what I recall, is great for fishing.

We visit Long Beach a couple of times a year since our DD is now calling it home base. We do not go there for the beaches. Where you are talking about is not terrible beach-wise, but there are much better beaches available further down the road. Belmont is still pretty close to the docks and the oil derricks (which actually do not look that bad as disguised islands), not the water I would choose to be wading in.

Thank you all...we decided to go a little farther down and booked a Airbnb at Laguna Beach for 2 nights. Can't wait! I love DL, but am glad we can get in a couple of beach days too. Kids really want to swim/boogie board...thanks for the heads up about the water at Long Beach.

Are you flying out of LAX? Otherwise I would also suggest staying south. Have you done Laguna yet?
Thanks for the Laguna idea ColoradoMom!! from a fellow Colorado Mom!

Yeah like others said I’d stay in Newport, Corona Del Mar, Laguna, Balboa Island or Dana Point over Long Beach. It’s kind of far but Oceanside is also a really nice, family-friendly beach.

Thank you all...we decided to go a little farther down and booked a Airbnb at Laguna Beach for 2 nights. Can't wait! I love DL, but am glad we can get in a couple of beach days too. Kids really want to swim/boogie board...thanks for the heads up about the water at Long Beach.

Thanks for the Laguna idea ColoradoMom!! from a fellow Colorado Mom!

Thanks for the shout out!! We've been a number of times through the years, and really enjoy it. It has lovely little shops right off the beach area too. Have a wonderful time! Yeah for CO Moms :)

Laguna Beach is MUCH nicer. Go down to Dana Point if you want to go on a whale watching tour. They are very cool.

I agree, Laguna is MUCH better. Excellent suggestion and so glad you're going there instead for some beach time!

Corona Del Mar (Little Corona) is my favorite beach closest to Disneyland. A crescent shape beach that is just gorgeous. The newport area is better than Long Beach. Laguna is also very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter