Looking for a Banana Pudding Recipe

Tina

Tagless and bitter about it
I am addicted to the Banana Pudding on the menu at a local restaurant (Artie's in Fairfax for anyone in the VA/DC area). I've been looking for a recipe to make it at home, but I can't find anything that sounds like what I've been ordering. Most of the recipes I'm finding instruct you to make a basic plain pudding, then layer it in a pan with bananas and wafers, then bake it. That's not what I'm looking for. This dessert is served cold. It actually has banana flavor in the pudding itself, served in a tall "pile" with whipped cream on top. Its very thick, so it holds its shape, but light and airy at the same time. The dish is garnished with a couple of banana slices and lots of crushed wafers. Then the whole thing is drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauces. Does anyone have a recipe for this kind of pudding?

Sounds a little like my Banana Pudding. I take a deep square bowl, and fill it with layers of vanilla wafers, and banana slices, then I mix up instant jello banana flavor pudding and pour it in until the bowl is full, and all ingredients are covered. let it set up in the fridge. then you can dip it up and garnish it with whatever you like, including cool whip or whipped cream and sauces.:D

Hope this helps!

Look on the side of the Nilla Wafers box. That is the recipe my mom used and the one I still use to make it.

Sorry Susan, that's not it. The pudding is free of any banana or cookie chunks. Its smooth, sweet, and thick. Its incredible.

Mmmm, no cookies or bananas, huh? I've never heard of that. Is it more like a banana mouse maybe?
Hope someone else can help......:D

I don't have a recipe, but just wanted to say that I love Arties AND their banana pudding! Have you asked the restaurant if they'll give you the recipe?

Maybe they just put all those things in a blender? ;)

Sounds great, however it's done.

The blender may be a good idea. Maybe I should make the pudding, add the bananas, and process it until smooth in the blender? I might give that a try. :D

Tinkerpixie, the consistency is somewhat mousse-like! :D

Pugsley, next time I will ask the waiter if I can get the recipe. I was lucky enough to get close to the recipe for their House dressing (buttermilk garlic). One of the waiters at Sweetwater Tavern (same company) gave me a list of the ingredients and I did some experimenting. I came very close, but its seems to lose flavor fast. You really have to use it the same day you make it.

It's a long shot, but "Gourmet" magazine has a feature where readers ask for reciopes from favorite restaurants. Although Artie's might not be chi-chi enough for Gourmet.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter