Looking for fun honeymoon things

ammyers93

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon trip for this December (12/2020) to WDW. This will be my 9th trip but it's my fiancee's 1st trip so I'm looking for some things to do that will make our trip a little more romantic and special, and show him that WDW is more than just standing in line for rides. My fiancee is a huge Star Wars fan, so anything in the new Galaxy's Edge would be cool. I'd love to try out Victoria and Albert's, but that's a little outside our price range. I've looked into some of the in-room celebrations but I'm not sure if those are worth the cost?
Anyone with any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks so much!

Hi! We went for our honeymoon as well, the in room celebration was a bit out of my price range, so I still did do the Disney Florist and made my my own basket for DH instead (it was also his birthday)- also when I registered, I registered for our Disney honeymoon instead of wedding items, so someone had bought the Happily Ever After champagne gift basket. I had to go on and order it off the Disney Florist site once they selected it, so it kind of took out the surprise, but it was really nice having it wait for us when we got back to the resort. I would also check Mouse to Your House for baskets as well!

While we didn't do Victoria & Albert's, we did splurge on the Deluxe Dining Plan so that we can eat at some signature restaurants, where we otherwise wouldn't have gone on another trip- especially love Jiko for the romantic atmosphere and California Grill (catwalk to watch fireworks or head around to Poly for nighttime fireworks from the beach) Dessert parties are always an extra that is worth it to stay in the park and get a great view of fireworks and we always enjoy late night hours or early morning magic hours (extra fee), gives us park time without being swarmed with people. I especially love the nighttime, because I think it's more romantic no matter what park you are in when it's just the two of you.

Hi! We went for our honeymoon as well, the in room celebration was a bit out of my price range, so I still did do the Disney Florist and made my my own basket for DH instead (it was also his birthday)- also when I registered, I registered for our Disney honeymoon instead of wedding items, so someone had bought the Happily Ever After champagne gift basket. I had to go on and order it off the Disney Florist site once they selected it, so it kind of took out the surprise, but it was really nice having it wait for us when we got back to the resort. I would also check Mouse to Your House for baskets as well!

While we didn't do Victoria & Albert's, we did splurge on the Deluxe Dining Plan so that we can eat at some signature restaurants, where we otherwise wouldn't have gone on another trip- especially love Jiko for the romantic atmosphere and California Grill (catwalk to watch fireworks or head around to Poly for nighttime fireworks from the beach) Dessert parties are always an extra that is worth it to stay in the park and get a great view of fireworks and we always enjoy late night hours or early morning magic hours (extra fee), gives us park time without being swarmed with people. I especially love the nighttime, because I think it's more romantic no matter what park you are in when it's just the two of you.

Thanks so much!!! These are great ideas, I'll definitely be checking out Jiko's, California Grill, and the Mouse to Your House!

Definately register through Disney. We did and got some really wonderful experiences through there. We also did the Lunch with an Imagineer at Brown Derby and the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We both found the Lunch fascinating ( and delicious ) and I'm a huge Disney history buff so the Keys to the Kingdom Tour was excellent.

For a romantic dinner that's not going to break the bank, we enjoyed the following: Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner. This is one of the pricer one's we did but the Beach Club is so romantic at night all lit up. We went for after-dinner cocktails over to the Boardwalk and it was really a nice laid back evening. We also really enjoyed the atmosphere at the Edison but the food was only OK. We'd go back for appetizers and cocktails for sure. Teppan Edo at Epcot - you're traditional teppanyaki dining but we had a great group of other couples that made the evening really nice. And lastly, Grand Floridian Cafe for a late lunch/early dinner. The restaurant is themed for the turn of the century so it has a lot of charm to it and during the day the sun reflects in adding to the atmosphere. The food and service here were also excellent.

Congratulations! I would say a few places you can check out: The Flying Fish, California Grill, Le Cellier, and Teppan Edo - those might be great ideas for dinner. Each has a unique atmosphere, but their food at each location is amazing. Another great thing to do head over to Disney Springs. My husband surprised me after our wedding...we ended up flying in the Aerophile. It was both our first time of course, but we loved it. Great 360 view of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!