Looking for the best fall month to visit the WDW

BostonTigger

<font color=purple>I want the Swiss Family Treehou
I have to tell you, college is a wonderful thing. When I graduate this comming May, I'll have a degree in which to enter the work force with and get more money. Now of course there is a bad side to school and here it is- it takes away from some serious vacation time. When I'm not in school I'm usually working to save money for school, or visiting family during the X-Mass break. But since I'll be graduating this comming May, I'm beginning to think a Disney trip for the fall is in store for me. But the big question I have is, WHEN TO GO?! UGH!!! I would love to have some ideas as to what month is the best time to go to WDW. I'm looking at anywhere from Oct. - Mid Nov., or just before the Thanksgiving holiday season starts. I'm looking for a time when the crowds seem to be at their least, and it is still warm out. I appreciate some advice from my fellow Disney Lovers who travel during this time. Thanks in advance.

Steven

Hey BostonTigger. We went last year in mid-October. It was wonderful. The crowds were low (for Disney, anyway) and the weather was wonderful. Hope that helps!

You can't beat October for a fall visit to WDW.

We always go in late October. Great weather and it's the Food and Wine Festival.;)

I have never been in October, but always wanted to go then from what I hear about the weather and crowds. I was there once in mid-November, the week before Thanksgiving week, and it was great--one of the best trips I've had. There were no waits for any rides at MK and Epcot and we saw everything we wanted to in both parks in 2 days total (which was every ride except for the mountains in MK because my grandmother was with us and we didn't want to have her wait for us alone). MGM didn't have any crowds either but took us 2 days because of the timing of the shows. The weather was very nice then too--warm during the days (about 75) and cooler at night (we wore shorts and sweatshirts once it got darker). Also, the park hours were pretty short that time of year so seeing all that in that amount of time is actually pretty amazing. We also had sit-down meals, including some character meals, and the restaurants were practicially empty. All the characters at Garden Grille sat at out table and "ate" with us all at once. AK wasn't open at the time so I don't know how that park would be that time of year, but if you cant' go in October, I say go the week before Thanksgiving.

I was surprised at how hot and humid it was over Columbus Day last month. Humidity was 100%, and it felt like it.
I don't know if that is the norm for that time of year. But I think from experience I would probably not go to WDW from June until end of October (week of Halloween).
It wasn't like it was unbearable. But...
We were there the last week in May and it was hot then, but the humidity wasn't as bad.
In October it was a LITTLE less hot, but the humidity was much worse.

The first two weeks in Sept are great. It is still hot enough for water parks and swimming but they place is empty.

mid to end of October. We had warm days, very little rain, one day for about 1.5 hrs. Don't miss MNSSHP.

Disnee Dad Says...............................End of October is good, but our favorite time to go sometime between Veterans Day, and the weekend before Thanksgiving. When you hear about Jersey week on the boards, it really does make a difference at the parks. We went the week before Veterans Day this year, and it was great until Thursday started the crowd building, and by the weekend it was crowded. Twice we have started our trip the day before Veterans Day and it was great! Take it easy for a couple days, take care of jet lag, use alot of fast passes, and the day after Veterans Days the parks are empty! Last Year did our early morning hit all of Fantasyland in 45 minutes thing, and headed over to Splash Mountain and there was still no line!
And since you will be rich and buying AP, the Friday and Saturday evening before Thanksgiving is the Osbourne Lights preview for AP holders!

We went Sept. 15-21 of 2001. We had the trip planned of course before Sept. 11th because we heard it was a slow time. I thought the weather was great. Not too hot yet hot enough to enjoy the water parks. The park was not crowded at all because most kids were back in school then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter