Loss of husband.

disneyboundteacher

Disneyboundteacher
I lost my husband suddenly last Friday. We had been married 15 years. I am 54yrs with no children. He has a daughter and 2 wonderful grandsons, 7 & 9. He was my Disney buddy. We love WDW and go 1-2 a year. My grandsons care nothing about Disney. I sit here alone and want to escape, but WDW has always been my stress relief. How can I go alone and without him. Anyone ever gone through similar situation? Non Disney people don't understand that love and that was what we shared so much in our lives.

I lost my husband suddenly last Friday. We had been married 15 years. I am 54yrs with no children. He has a daughter and 2 wonderful grandsons, 7 & 9. He was my Disney buddy. We love WDW and go 1-2 a year. My grandsons care nothing about Disney. I sit here alone and want to escape, but WDW has always been my stress relief. How can I go alone and without him. Anyone ever gone through similar situation? Non Disney people don't understand that love and that was what we shared so much in our lives.

First my heart felt thoughts on your loss. Having been where you are at I can tell you to let your heart decide the path you will travel. There is no time table in grieving. You will know when you are ready.

I didn't return until slightly after a year my husband passed. The first visit was challenging, but when I returned home I was glad to have gone and relive some wonderful memories. Each time I've visited since the memories are sweeter and I always feel like my husband is there with me. Plus I know my husband wouldn't want me to give up something that makes me happy.

Again my thoughts on your loss.

God speed for your husband, DBT. :hug:'s And prayers for you.

As said above, you will know when it is the right time. And you will go back and relive the many wonderful memories you have. That is what life is, memories. And you have them, and always will. God bless. :hug:'s

I'm do sorry for our loss :(. I just saw your post. I think that one day you will feel free to go back to WDW again to be in your happy place and bask in the good memories that you and your husband made together. {{hugs}}

Oh, I’m so very sorry for ur loss, devastating.
I think in time you will go back, and recall the amazing memories you have made. The silly laughter, fun times, wonderful meal etc.
take your time and in time, you ll know when you return back home ...to
Remember.

I am so sorry for your loss, agree with the others that you will know when the time is right to return :hug:.

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your husband. Take it one day at a time, and keep his memory in your heart, home, and mind. You'll know when it's time to go back to Disney, and I'm confident he'll be there with you. Take care. :hug:

:hug: maybe someday the grandsons will want to go with you to honor their granddad. Give yourself time.

What if you did something a little different like DL instead of WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!