Loss of husband.

I am sorry for your loss.:grouphug:

Give yourself time, and when you want to go back, go.

First of all I’m sorry for your loss. A year ago I was in your same place. My husband went for a run and never came back. He had a massive heartattack. It was sudden and devastating. My life changed in an instant. We were married for 39 years. Our honeymoon was at Disney. It was our special place.
I can only say to just take one minute at a time. Sometimes that is all you can handle.
I do have children. One of the greatest gifts my husband gave me. I just went back to Disney this past February for the first time. We cried some but we also had some laughs too. It would have been what he would have wanted. He loved it there.
Take your time. You will know when the time is right for anything.

I'm so very sorry ...baby steps.
New days will come along and there will be joy again ..big hugs

I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband. Cherish the memories and time you had together. Sending you a very big hug.

So sorry for your loss. Been there, done that and some days still doing it. I lost DH 2 years ago. It takes time to find the new normal. The first year of "firsts" (holidays, anniversary, birthdays) are the hardest. Let yourself be taken care of a bit by family, friends, and church if applicable. Don't make any snap decisions unless circumstances force you to. You will find your way and a grief group can be helpful. Be kind to yourself as there is no wrong way to grieve nor is there a timeline to when you "should be over it". When you do go back to Disney (it does lift your spirits and help to feel better) try not to recreate past vacations. When our family went, it was all about the rides. When I go now it is about the experiences like going on tours, photo safari, and people watching. It does get better but it takes time, even years. Peace.

So sorry for your loss......hang in there. I think he would have wanted you to go and enjoy Disney. The grief will never go away. You will learn to live with it. You will know when it's time to go. It will come.

I am so sorry for your loss. Disney has always been my place of solace to deal with loss.

My first trip to WDW was after the love of my life left me for another woman decades ago. I had a great time though. I didn't get to go back for a long time. Fortunately by then I was long over the *((U$# ex.

My sister and I went to WDW after we lost our mother at a way too early age. It was for the first Christmas after her death in June. Somehow I think it helped.

I spent almost a decade taking care of my father before he passed. Sometimes it was so emotionally grueling. Disney was my place to escape for a little RnR.

I am now retired with a great DH who adores me. He's almost a decade younger than I am, but I worry about his health as both of his parents died very, very young. I would be lost without him as I am now very disabled.

Again please accept my condolences. You cannot change what happened, but I hope you can find happiness again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter