Lost Discount if you revise dates due to closure?

Taylor'sMom

Wish I was there...
If this thread exists already, please point me in the right direction, as I can"t find it.

We currently have a Free Dining promo booked for early July. I am of course hoping things clear up by then and we are able to go. But if the park closure extends into our dates and we have to reschedule, will Disney still honor the Free Dining?

Maybe no one knows yet. I'm just trying to process the variables. Losing the Free Dining woild change our budget substantially.

No one knows. If the parks are still closed in July you will have way more to worry about than whether your free dining will still apply for a later date or not.

No one knows. If the parks are still closed in July you will have way more to worry about than whether your free dining will still apply for a later date or not.
My thoughts exactly, but it may not just be about the parks being closed, the parks could be open, but for some there may be no way to travel to or from the parks due to travel restrictions, which could conceivably last through the end of the year. I would imagine most restrictions will be for international travel, but there are talks about domestic travel restrictions as well.

If this thread exists already, please point me in the right direction, as I can"t find it.

We currently have a Free Dining promo booked for early July. I am of course hoping things clear up by then and we are able to go. But if the park closure extends into our dates and we have to reschedule, will Disney still honor the Free Dining?

Maybe no one knows yet. I'm just trying to process the variables. Losing the Free Dining woild change our budget substantially.
The way this has worked in the past (for example, when guests have needed to modify trips due to hurricanes) is that you can modify your trip, but if you have a discount, such as free dining or room discount, you would need to change it to dates included in the original promo and there also needs to be availability under the promo. For example, say you have free dining in July and you want to change it to the fall. There were very limited dates for free dining in the fall, and you would need to check in one of those dates.

Of course, this is all based on what has happened in the past. We really have no idea how long they will be open and what kind of availability there will be (great or poor) once they reopen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter