Lost my daughter to suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mammasita, I cannot imagine the pain you must feel! Losing a child is a tragedy no parent wants to experience.
Stay Strong!
Know that we’ll be remembering you and your family in our prayers.

Tomorrow is April, I hate it. My baby should be turning 21 on the 19th, and we should all be celebrating that. We can’t get away, or run away now, so I’m not even sure how to deal with this day, maybe I’ll just stay in bed all day. I don’t know.
I had a nightmare both my children were gone the other night, now I can’t sleep.
My son is working still, but gave notice Friday is his last day. With the governments response, he will get 4 months salary, almost full salary,
i have been off since December due to my shoulder again, so not sure when I’ll go back now.
Well, sorry for the rambling, and ty to everyone. 💕

Hello,

I wanted to reach out to you. I can not imagine how you feel, this would be so very f=difficult. No parent wants to out live their child... my heart breaks for you. Please remember this is a place you can get support and we are all here to wrap our arms around you <3 I am thinking of you .. stay strong and stay healthy during this virus

words are inadequate, but I’m so truly sorry for your devastation and great loss.
I am praying for you to have strength , just one moment at a time, you are in my thoughts.
Sending lots of hugs your way.

I am just now seeing this post, you lost your daughter the same year I lost mine. My daughter passed Dec 6th 2017. She was 35 yrs old. I am still trying to get over the grief of it. I can not imagine the unspeakable horror you must still be going though. Until you lose someone that you truly love, you will never understand the life changing grief you feel, and the way you lost your daughter was an incredible blow. There are no words I can say that will bring comfort, I wish they were, I would scream them from the roof top for you. My prayers are going to go up for you, only strength can come from above. I am sadden and sorrowful. One split second in time can change the life's of so many forever. We just can't make sense of it. My sister goes to a large church in Texas, and a very faithful and prominent family of the church a few months ago came home after Sunday school with their 18 year old son, all laughing, they all ate out after church, the son rejoicing at church, everything seemingly normal and he went out in the woods behind their house and hung himself that afternoon , with his older brother finding him hanging from a tree. Only you would understand how that family is now shattered. My goodness what that has done not only to the family but also affected the church family and as far away as where I live I am still shaken . The tears we have shed are enormous. All we can do is hold tight to one another, pray for one another and love one another. And know that my heart and prayers are going up for the strength of your whole family. God speed and huggss !! :hug:

Thank you for the post, and I’m so sorry that you also lost a daughter. It hurts to type it. Some days I actually think I am making it, but the Month of April is so painful, they all are, just this more than most. Loving hugs to you and your family. And to that family , I know exactly, and sadly what they are going through. Thank you once again 🌈💕

I am just now seeing this post, you lost your daughter the same year I lost mine. My daughter passed Dec 6th 2017. She was 35 yrs old. I am still trying to get over the grief of it. I can not imagine the unspeakable horror you must still be going though. Until you lose someone that you truly love, you will never understand the life changing grief you feel, and the way you lost your daughter was an incredible blow. There are no words I can say that will bring comfort, I wish they were, I would scream them from the roof top for you. My prayers are going to go up for you, only strength can come from above. I am sadden and sorrowful. One split second in time can change the life's of so many forever. We just can't make sense of it. My sister goes to a large church in Texas, and a very faithful and prominent family of the church a few months ago came home after Sunday school with their 18 year old son, all laughing, they all ate out after church, the son rejoicing at church, everything seemingly normal and he went out in the woods behind their house and hung himself that afternoon , with his older brother finding him hanging from a tree. Only you would understand how that family is now shattered. My goodness what that has done not only to the family but also affected the church family and as far away as where I live I am still shaken . The tears we have shed are enormous. All we can do is hold tight to one another, pray for one another and love one another. And know that my heart and prayers are going up for the strength of your whole family. God speed and huggss !! :hug:
Blessings for you, ZTator. Prayers of comfort. Your daughter is with us all.

I also wanted to thank everyone else, it does not go unnoticed, or unappreciated. I appreciate all the kind words, the thoughts, the prayers. Sometimes I just can’t even read my own post. It is still surreal, but so is this World. I’m glad to have you all, thank you .

So it’s come to the 19th. Today we should be celebrating with my beautiful daughter Briana, she should be turning 21. I think about these times, would she still be in school, in love ? It is so not fair, so painful. She would be going crazy during these times, on lockdown, but I would give anything to hear the complaints. I will sleep in her room, in her bed, amongst her things, and just try to feel her and hear her voice.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are right, it isn’t fair. I hope that you find many happy memories today.

So it’s come to the 19th. Today we should be celebrating with my beautiful daughter Briana, she should be turning 21. I think about these times, would she still be in school, in love ? It is so not fair, so painful. She would be going crazy during these times, on lockdown, but I would give anything to hear the complaints. I will sleep in her room, in her bed, amongst her things, and just try to feel her and hear her voice.
Big hugs as you remember her milestone birthday. Continued prayers for your family. :grouphug:

Sending you tons of hugs. The most difficult thing a parent could endure. You are a strong woman and I hope you felt comfort being in her room. Thinking of you <3

Just read your posts- so very sorry about your loss...May is the hard month for me, next month it will be 5 years that we lost my beautiful niece, who was my baby too. She would have been 28 this November. I talk to her alot in my head and when I go to the cemetery...it is just hard no getting around it, and so many things will bring back memories. Hold onto the good ones and even some of the bad...I know my sweet one is in heaven watching over me, and I know she has helped me! Your baby girl is watching over you and your family and protecting you. Sometimes I will just out of the blue remember something funny that she would do and I smile like and idiot...my husband always says "Em?" yep! The smiles will come back and you honor her by smiling at the good memories. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

So so terribly sorry. We experienced in our family also. :( Hugs and prayers for you and your family. :hug:

Last edited:
Just read your posts- so very sorry about your loss...May is the hard month for me, next month it will be 5 years that we lost my beautiful niece, who was my baby too. She would have been 28 this November. I talk to her alot in my head and when I go to the cemetery...it is just hard no getting around it, and so many things will bring back memories. Hold onto the good ones and even some of the bad...I know my sweet one is in heaven watching over me, and I know she has helped me! Your baby girl is watching over you and your family and protecting you. Sometimes I will just out of the blue remember something funny that she would do and I smile like and idiot...my husband always says "Em?" yep! The smiles will come back and you honor her by smiling at the good memories. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

I am so terribly sorry about your niece. I know May is here, and wanted to send you some extra thoughts, 💕

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter