Love New England History

Marconi Station, Cape Cod2DCF8D9B-D550-4B1A-815C-D1632557294E.jpeg

....and time Marches on in the Eastham/Nauset area of Cap Cod...the actual station location was out on land that has been washed into the sea...the Nauset light was relocated to it’s current location in 1996 as it was only 36 feet from edge of cliff (which has since eroded...it was over a hundred feet away from the cliff in times past BEFORE the move...Mother Nature and the sea always working...and literally right before you eye from year to year on Cape Cod...truly fascinating...

Last edited:
There's lots of real, honest history up where you are, Jimmy.

I've been to Plymouth Rock. But I was a college freshman and, well, that was a LONG time ago. The stone is/was in a cage even back then as you show it now. We didn't have enough money, time, or forethought to see every historical thing up there (or the top items on the list) that we should have. But I remember Old Ironsides and the North Church.

We took a college buddy home after his freshman year at Bama to the Boston area. We went to Fenway, he cooked us lobsters at his home, and his dad had an old convertible Caddie that we cruised in to a greyhound track one night where I won net $12 for the evening (my one gambling experience despite numerous trips to Vegas and Monte Carlo later in life).

Glad to see you got your boys out to soak up the history (chip dip helps). When you coming back to the Fort (or to WDW via the DVC/timeshare resorts)?

Bama Ed

Next trip to “the World” is August 16-24 via Beach Club DVC. Got annual passes when they had a good DVC member deal for parks/water. We will start them for this trip and one more next summer before they expire (and you never know what may happen in between). I’ll carve at least a Fort visit in there somewhere....wish my kids liked TE buffet more (maybe I’ll go while they eat somewhere else...lol).

I love history....we plan on doing Fenway tour some day (I went to many games there with my grandma when I was young....she LOVED the Red Sox...but I did not appreciate it’s history then. But anything colonial, revolutionary, civil war, world war, and everything else around, before, or in between is fascinating to me.
If I could do whatever I wanted, it would be touring all the historical stuff I want to see in my camper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!