Luna Park Pool - BWV

Ms.Minnie

DIS Veteran
Are there any rumors what will replace the clown at Luna Park pool? I going to miss the clown... :confused3

I always wondered why the pool at BW was named for a non-Disney owned amusement park - so I'm wondering if a name change will also come. I do hope whatever changes are made are in keeping with a "boardwalk" theme - but I'm at a loss to think up what would be used in place of the clown.

I must have missed the announcement or article that posted they were changing the theme at the BWI pool. I LOVE the roller coaster clown water slide and the surrounding circus theme. Where did you guys read this? Why change it, it fits perfect with the Boardwalk name and theme. How about Disney finishing projects that were already planned and/or started but put on hold? Like the Reflections DVC Resort, Star Wars Resort Hotel, everything planned for Epcot, etc, etc. All of a sudden during this pandemic they want to start new, unplanned projects (or at least not announced to the fans/public) but not finished ones that have been planned or some that were started and just stopped. I will never understand why Disney makes some of the odd decisions they do. Not that I need to or that they care but I just don't understand some of the logic behind the decisions they make.

Last edited:
Just got to BWV now - scrim still there. We’ll see if anything changes by next Sunday.
Thanks! Are they giving you access to another feature pool? When we were there BCV could come to our pool since SB was closed even though they had the quiet pool. SB access would be a good trade for no slide lol, but probably unlikely.

Where did you all read the clown was being replaced? Disney posted that just the slide would be down for a scheduled routine refurb (pool, pool bar, etc still open and no pool hopping) and nothing is being removed or replaced.

Where did you all read the clown was being replaced? Disney posted that just the slide would be down for a scheduled routine refurb (pool, pool bar, etc still open and no pool hopping) and nothing is being removed or replaced.
There were a lot of pictures showing the clown being removed in pieces. The rumors are that it will be replaced with the Fab Four.

From what I saw the slide isn’t being altered thank goodness. Member services said the slide work is scheduled to be complete October 31st so it’s probably just the clown being replaced. Just hoping we like the replacement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter