• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lunch at The Castle?

queenmichelle

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I was thinking of trying The Castle for lunch. I would love any reviews or opinions, esp. regarding the prime rib. Thanks!!

I liked it--I think there are generally mixed opinions on whether the food is worth the price, but having eaten at Cosmic Ray's the night before (ugh) I continue to think that it's the only place in the Magic Kingdom I actually want to eat. We had the prime rib on our first trip, and it was reasonably good--last trip we had the Major Domo's Pie and thought that was very tasty too.

Plus, it's just nice to eat in the castle--when we last went for dinner, Cinderella was wandering around greeting (I don't know if she still does that) and lunch last trip had Peter Pan chasing Captain Hook around the outside windows.

If you want to eat in the middle of the dining period, you may want to consider a PS--we tried to walk up for dinner one night at around 7pm and the wait was 45min. The next day I stopped by before it opened and got a ps for 1:15 and only had to wait around 10-15min...

Here's an interior shot...
fb41d664.jpg

On our last trip DH had the prime rib for lunch and said it was wonderful. I had Major Domo's pie which was also quite good. I think lunch is a great way to go here, many of the same offerings as dinner for less $.

Thinking of having lunch here as well........anymore opinons?
Thanks!

2 musts for lunch......The Bibbidi Boppity Brew (ice cream smoothie like thing.....2 flavors) and the Castle Fries :)

Good to see the positive replies as we are eating lunch at the Castle in October. In our 25+ trips to Disney we have never eaten in the Castle. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for the responses. I think we'll have to give this a try. Prime rib and a smoothie. Sounds yummy!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I always try to have lunch at the castle. The one time we ate dinner there it was a disappointment. No one at fault, we just had to wait a very long time for our PS, and they had run out of several selections.

I enthusiastically agree that the prime rib is an excellent choice.

Certainly the atmosphere is worth every penny. It is, after all, THE CASTLE !!!

I still remember my first lunch there in 1976. It felt truly magical. We had some kind of seafood salad. The total bill for all four of us came to a whopping $13.49.

We ate there for a late lunch (2:00 or 2:30 I think) on our last trip and LOVED it! Cinderella was in the lobby taking pictures. Our food was quite good, although I can't remember the name of what we had. It was a puff pastry with a roast beef in it. I highly recommend the lunch here....it was one of our favorite meals!

We had lunch in the castle in july. Had Brunos barbeque chicken and it was great wish i had some right now.

SuBeat Or anyone?
What is in a Major Domo's pie

Lunch at CRT is a tradition for us. Three of us love the Coachman Sandwich. My husband always gets the soup du jour which is always Beef Barley.:D

Wow when did they add fries to the menu? I just told someone that there weren't fries?:eek:

My family of five had lunch at the castle in 2000. The food was actually kind of wierd, and I'm not a picky eater. I think they were going for a mideval times theme food. I just didn't get it. But being in the CASTLE for lunch was lots of fun. I liked the bathroom too. Go and have fun!

This sounds great. Let me see if I got the facts here:
The menu changes
I need priority seating
Is this correct? Will I need a cc to reserve? Do they have kids meals at lunch?
Thanks,
Kimba

You won't need a cc to reserve and they do have children's meals. We always do PS but some people report luck without them. For us, why chance it?

The menu rarely changes it seems to me. That's why I was surprised to see a mention of fries. They've always served mashed potatoes and corn with the kid's meals in our experience. The soup of the day has been the soup of the decade...beef barley....and an excellent soup it is according to my husband.

Originally posted by S. C.
SuBeat Or anyone?
What is in a Major Domo's pie

Straight off the menu from Deb's site:

Major Domo's Favorite Pie - tender slices of prime rib of beef simmered in rich cabernet sauce with red skinned mashed potatoes, crowning a light pastry.

Very good and very filling!

DH and I have eaten lunch in the castle twice and really enjoyed it both times. The first time we both had the chicken pasta dish and it was very good. The last time I had Major Domo's Pie and would get it again...it was very good! DH had the prime rib and said it was very good. For dessert we had some kind of apple breadpudding ice cream type thing...yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter