Lunch between LA and San Diego

idle

Mr. McDuck
My gf and I will be traveling from LA to San Diego on a Saturday in August, and I was hoping to get some suggestions from y'all on places to eat that are on the beach/have a beach/ocean view of the Pacific. Nothing 5 star fancy and hopefully nothing seafood centric as we aren't big on fish, etc.

TIA!!

Well, it's certainly not cheap, but the view from Las Brisas (Mexican food) in Laguna Beach is very pretty. Very affordable is Ruby's Diner (Sock hop theme) on the end of the Huntington Beach pier. Burgers, shakes, and a view of the Pacific!

Looks like Las Brisas is exactly the type of place I'm looking for - I especially love that it's set atop a cliff looking down on the beach. Great!

Bull Taco in Cardiff. Cheap inauthentic mexican food eaten on a deck over a cliff above the ocean.

Las Olas in Cardiff if you like mexican. Not fancy, but delicious. They have great mango margaritas. Most of the waiters are surfers, which makes the service a tad slow, but we're never in a hurry here. Just soaking up the beach atmosphere.

You might want to check the amount of time it will take to add the stop. If you have a specific time you need to be in San Diego then either eat in LA before you leave or leave in enough time to be in SD for lunch. The amount of time it takes to get on and off the freeway and get to a beach for most of the drive is considerable.

Just getting back to this - thanks guys for all your suggestions. As for timing, no rush really - cannot check into hotel until 3PM, anyway. No plans except dinner around 7/8 PM with relatives in SD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter