Lyft to Resorts?

Stlhawkeye

Mouseketeer
Staying at Saratoga in month and trying to do a little transportation planning. Please redirect me if this is found somewhere else. Do you need a reservation for dining in order to be dropped off at resorts? For instance Contemporary, Beach Club, Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk?

Will the guard turn you back at the gate?

Nope, you are free to visit all the various resorts. When you take a service to a resort, the driver will stop at the security gate, show his ID, and just say he is dropping off. The car will be waved in, and you're good to go. No problems at all. If you were driving yourself, it could be different as actual parking of a car is involved.

Nope, you are free to visit all the various resorts. When you take a service to a resort, the driver will stop at the security gate, show his ID, and just say he is dropping off. The car will be waved in, and you're good to go. No problems at all. If you were driving yourself, it could be different as actual parking of a car is involved.
Excellent, thank you!

So, why are some saying that they won't let Lyft/Uber drivers into resorts if you don't have an ADR or food order? What is the truth here?

Since reopening, reports on the Resorts board have been really mixed about how security guards are handling rideshare/taxi arrivals for non-resort and non-ADR guests. Many have reported being turned away. Some have reported being waved by like old times. Some have had success with a mobile order and showing it to the guard, some haven’t.

Disney is controlling resort access differently these days given Covid restrictions, but like usual things seem to be inconsistent.

Personally just going by what I’ve seen reported, I’d definitely have a backup plan in mind in case you are turned away.

Since reopening, reports on the Resorts board have been really mixed about how security guards are handling rideshare/taxi arrivals for non-resort and non-ADR guests. Many have reported being turned away. Some have reported being waved by like old times. Some have had success with a mobile order and showing it to the guard, some haven’t.

Disney is controlling resort access differently these days given Covid restrictions, but like usual things seem to be inconsistent.

Personally just going by what I’ve seen reported, I’d definitely have a backup plan in mind in case you are turned away.
Agree, and my backup plan would be to get out at the gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter