Lyft/Uber - Travel Times and Prices List

mrstortora

Mouseketeer
Planning my trip and doing a few breakfasts so I definitely will need to lyft/uber at some point. I see a lot of people are using it but you have to dig to find out how long it will take to get from A --> B. I thought it might be nice to have a thread where people that have used them can just state which they used, where they went from and to, the time it took, and cost. I know cost changes by date, time of day, etc. But still a good ball park. Thanks all!!:thanks:

So I ised Lyft on March 8th this year from Pop Century to Airport. The ride was 26 minutes, and I was picked up at 7:12. Ride was $31.32

The prices can vary so much depending on the time of day, day of the week ect...
Just do a mock booking from your hotel to the places you want to go and it will give you a rough idea on what you will be charged. Don’t forgot to budget a few extra dollars per ride for a tip.

in my experience, most places on property are going to run you around $12. If you have any chase credit cards, check to see if they are offering you the lyft pink membership. My reserve card has it and it is saving me 15% on my trips plus I earn 10x the points by using that card. Always check both apps to see who is cheaper even if you have a membership.

lyft also has the wait a few extra minutes and save a couple dollars option. This can come in handy when you order a ride earlier than you actually need it.

You can also get the approximate drive time from Google Maps (or any other map app) and add 10 minutes for pickup time. Anywhere in the Orlando market, you should not have to wait more than 10 minutes.

As far as fares, both companies use dynamic pricing which could vary quite a bit depending on time of day, availability, demand, traffic, etc. I think it's a good idea to have both the Uber app and Lyft app on your phone and price-check before each ride. The two companies do NOT price together.

Rideguru is fine for a balllpark fare estimate.

Also keep in mind that both Uber and Lyft are operating under Covid restrictions -- no riders in the front passenger seat, so it's a max of 3 passengers for X and 5 for XL.

You can also get the approximate drive time from Google Maps (or any other map app) and add 10 minutes for pickup time. Anywhere in the Orlando market, you should not have to wait more than 10 minutes.

As far as fares, both companies use dynamic pricing which could vary quite a bit depending on time of day, availability, demand, traffic, etc. I think it's a good idea to have both the Uber app and Lyft app on your phone and price-check before each ride. The two companies do NOT price together.

Rideguru is fine for a balllpark fare estimate.

Also keep in mind that both Uber and Lyft are operating under Covid restrictions -- no riders in the front passenger seat, so it's a max of 3 passengers for X and 5 for XL.

We know we'll be using a Lyft 3 times during our stay:

Airport to a Marriott
Marriott to Royal Pacific Resort (RPR) at USO
RPR to AKL

We will be a family of 3, but with luggage for an 11 night trip stay so I'm thinking we'll need an XL simply because of luggage unless a suitcase can ride in front since no passenger can. Not sure if that is allowed or it depends on the driver or not. So figure an extra $10-15 per trip for a couple legs which is a bummer, but oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!