• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands at Hilton Head Resort?

kelby86

Mouseketeer
Happy New Year All!!!

I will be visiting the Hilton Head resort in a few weeks (my first time). I saw that Magic Bands will be rolling out to all resorts at Walt Disney World. Has anyone heard if Hilton Head (or Vero Beach) will be converting to Magic Bands as well?

Just curious!

Thanks!
Kelley

At this point in time, no one knows. Tom Staggs has said that MyMagic+ will eventually be expanded to the other Disney Theme Parks in some form, but nothing has been said about the off-site resorts not located at a theme park.

I doubt anytime soon. I was shocked that Aulani being less than 3 years old didn't have RFID door locks. I thought for sure given how new it was, it would.

That being said, I find it hard to believe they've retrofitted either Hilton Head or Vero Beach with RFID yet (have they?).

I was just wondering about this, too! :scratchin I'm guessing they eventually will...but for now beach resorts are most likely at the bottom of the to-do list.

It sure would be convenient to charge a dole whip to the band and then head down to the beach, though! ;)

I did ask a CM when we were at HHI in November. At that time, at least, there were no plans to go to Magic Bands there. With no attractions to FP+, and no restuaurant reservations, they thought the card system they have would continue for room access and charging.

Thank you everyone!

Makes sense since there are less area to use magicbands at these resorts.

I thought it might be a little more convenient since at beach areas or pools you are less likely to have pockets, or bags. Although not sure how waterproof/water resistant (in oceans or pools) the bands are.

Looking forward to our first trip to the Hilton Head resort!

~Kelley

I thought it might be a little more convenient since at beach areas or pools you are less likely to have pockets, or bags. Although not sure how waterproof/water resistant (in oceans or pools) the bands are.

The MagicBands are waterproof, but don't float.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter