Magic Packages with DVC

CintiTim

Earning My Ears
Since we have managed to visit a Disney property in each of the last 6 years, we are seriously considering DVC. However the one question I have about this is with regards to the "magic" packages that can be purchased with a WDW Resort Vacation Package. When we have visited WDW in the past we have always used a package such as a "Discovery Magic Package" or a "Deluxe Magic Package" which allows for some perks and conveniences such as recreational activities (sometimes unlimited) and includes a meal plan, etc. To me these make planning the vacation easier.

Are there ways to still have access to these package perks and conveniences with a DVC (maybe at BWV)?

Thanks,

CintiTim

At one time the Food & Fun Plan was available to DVC members, but that has been discontinued.

You will be able to purchase the Unlimited Magic Pass (at a discount) when you stay on points. This pass is the major component of most of the Magic packages." As for the other options, you will have to purchased them on your own.

To add just a bit to what Robin has written.....

You will have to pay separately for those other "perks"...but every time I ever priced out a package those perks ended up costing a whole lot more than they would have if we paid for them individually. It always seemed to me that we'd have to skip on the parks to be able to take advantage of all the extras. Of course there's the convenience factor....but my recommendation on that is to just use your room card for everything. Even if you don't pay any attention to what you're spending (as you wouldn't if it were part of your package) it will probably end up costing less than what you would have paid for a package.

We did a few trips where budget was of the utmost importance (ie. I was still in college...lol) so we never used the packages- though I did extensive price comparisons. We were just getting to the point of looking at the packages for the convenience of it when we joined DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter