Magic Your Way Plus Free Dining Details

Ok here is the deal 5 hours later I have finally gotten it all booked. :cool1:
My AAA agent knew about it yesterday and started trying to book this AM. She is very knowledgeble but we ran in to some trouble. You can not get the AAAdiscount on the package and book the free dinning. If you do the math you are paying the regular rate for the room. This would be fine and still a good savings BUT.......We are traveling Oct 2 and although disneys policy on the YMP is check-in must be by the 4th The YMO states that the trip must be completed by the 4th. There is a change of season at that point from value to regular. Disney will not allow AAA to book us over that date. Also when we have done other packages and room only we have to change the rate to the higher rate for the last few days. We knew this before but with the 20% discount it was still a savings. So needless to say i had to call and book myself through CRO which worked out OK accept they had a brief period of time thismorning when they could not book this package with the free dinning because of a computer glitch ( heard this from 4 different cm's so I know it was not just one confused soul). Ihave finally booked us all and here is the total :
2 rooms 4 adults 1 child 6 nights 7day MYW with hop +dinning POR
and
1 room 2 adults 1 teen 5 nights 6 day MYW with hop +dinning POR
$4405.57
not too shabby, even though we lost the AAA discount this is still a savings of $918.16 over what it would of cost to book the same package with the AAA. And a total savings of $1422.23 if we had booked the same package with no discount at all.
We do have a cheaper option if we stay at POP same exact people and terms:
$3337.12
this is a savings of 1140.63 over booking same with AAA and $1434.11 with no discount at all.
As you can see this is a great deal. For 8 of us to basically take an all inclusive vacation for 4500 bucks is a great deal and we will have a really fun time eating at differnt places. Hope this info is helpful to someone. Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, flame me, or make positive comments. We are all really excited.

I got All Star Sports for 10 days - 2 adults 1 child for for $1618.

This includes 10 day prem tix.

I called first thing this morning and booked our package thru CRO with free dining using the YMP code. At that time, I asked about an AAA discount, but I was told no, can't use AAA room discount with free dining. After reading some posts, I just called again and asked if I should have used the YMO code for the AAA discount also. The cro said that the YMO code was for AAA use only, but I didn't think to ask if that gave a room discount and free dining, or just a different code for AAA TA's.

I'm just going to decide that I got a GREAT deal and move on! :goodvibes

kath1210 said:
I just called the 800 number and booked 2 rooms at Pop (hopefully connecting King and standard rooms) for my family of 4 for October 2-8. We got 2-day passes, with 2 plus options. (We already have 3-day hoppers bought previously). The cost, including free dining was $1972.82. That's only $82 per person per day!

OK - That last rate was through Disney. I checked with my AAA TA and she got the same thing (2 rooms at Pop), except only one day tickets, for $1289!! A much better rate! She was able to get the free dining WITH the AAA package discount!!

I'm going to try to trade in my old hoppers (unused) for upgraded tickets when we get down there. Is that doable?

kath1210 said:
OK - That last rate was through Disney. I checked with my AAA TA and she got the same thing (2 rooms at Pop), except only one day tickets, for $1289!! A much better rate! She was able to get the free dining WITH the AAA package discount!!

I'm going to try to trade in my old hoppers (unused) for upgraded tickets when we get down there. Is that doable?

can anybody use any AAA TA? Would you be able to give me the name and number for the agent you used? The guy I spoke with (in RI) wasn't very knowledgable and I would love to be able to get the AA package discount and free dining.

denman007 said:
I got All Star Sports for 10 days - 2 adults 1 child for for $1618.

This includes 10 day prem tix.

Did you book yours through AAA.? I have a reservation via AAA for 10 days (2 adults, 2 children (one under 3) with 10 day park hopper with no experation and got qoted $1880.31.

hockey mom said:
ZanneMarie- Thank-you. Whas it cheaper to do one room at POR or 2 at POP? I personally think 2 rooms would be better and you made the right choice.

It would have been 1961.10 for 8 nights at POR and 2158.30 for 8 nights and 2 rooms at POP. We decided to go for one less night to keep the cost down to our original projection. It ended up being 1969.30 for 7 nights ( 2 rooms) at POP with the free dining plan. (To clarify these prices included 7 day basic tickets for 2 adults and 2 children -the youngest is under 3-so she is free!)

I think that the two rooms will be nice for us. We won't have to go to bed when the kids do if we don't want and since our youngest still naps that will be easier too. I am just a classic second guesser -always thinking there might be a better way to do something. :guilty:

Can you book this on-line. I went to the disney site but it was still giving me the old price and I couldn't see any deal place anywhere.

We are booked at Pop 8/17 through 8/25, AAA room only rate. Only our last four days fall into the free dining period. To all you experts out there - Is it worth it to try to split the reservation to take advantage of this offer? Is that even possible? Am I going to have to buy two sets of park passes, one for the first three days and another through the free dining offer for the last four days? It's getting too complicated!!! :confused3

I was told that since so many people are using the Meal packages that Disney offers that its making PS is almost the only way to get to use the sit down service.Does anyone know if this is true?Also I was told that the sit down service had to be used during certain times of the day,is this true?This package would be great for us,but,everyone in our party (2 rooms,5 adults and 1 child) would have to have the same park tickets.Some need the ones that do not expire,some only need 3 day park hoppers,etc.I know that everyone can start out at a 1 day ticket then add on,but,I was told that everyone still needed to have the same tickets to get the meal package,so,if thats true,it wouldn't be good for us.Also does anyone know about some kind of card that AP users can buy and get discounts on meals?I was almost sure I saw it somewhere?I guess we could break up the two rooms and see if I can get everyone who needs the same ticket to be in the same room.Looking for Help!

if you get everyone the same ticket at booking, then you can upgrade only the ones that need upgrading, they do not all have to be upgraded (add more days, plus, no expiry, etc)...

Ok I was doing the happy dance, but it seems like some of you got the AAA room discount still with the free dining plan. I know I originally booked AAA package and was quoted around $2070 for 7 nights POR 6 day pass and meal plan for 2 adults and 1 child. I am now being quoted $1750 for the same with the free meal plan ($320 savings). I know this isn't with the AAA rate package also since the dining package costs $560 for us but it's still saving. Has anyone else figured out their new price with AAA and noticed that they are saving the total meal plan cost?? I was told we couldn't get the AAA discount with this new deal. Also, anyone that has been quoted the rate with the AAA rate included, could you let me know what AAA Agency you spoke with? I would like to try to get the additional savings also.

:cool1: We are going to WDW!!! :cool1:

Booked 5 nights at WL - Sept 29 to Oct 4, woods view. Total without trip ins. was $2025.86!! That price includes tix and food!! Oh my, I feel dizzy...

I don't think anyone is getting the AAA discount with the package. The difference that some are noticing is whether or not travel insurance was included. The one poster who said her AAA agent told her you could get the discount quotes the exact price for her reservation as Mary on Mousesavers said it would be- so no discount.

mbrittb00 said:
Did you book yours through AAA.? I have a reservation via AAA for 10 days (2 adults, 2 children (one under 3) with 10 day park hopper with no experation and got qoted $1880.31.

No, I did not use AAA agent. The only diff I see is that I DO NOT have the 'no exp' option on my passes.

I used DreamsUnlimited this morning since I was too busy to call myself, plus I already had a ressie that I will have to cancel now.

IMO, I would stay away from AAA agents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter