Magical Express

Brian Murray

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to the World for Dark Side race. I am driving down a day early and she is flying down. She lands at 730 and we would like to go to California Grill. We have never been there and are celebrating our 30th a couple months early Have reservations at 930. I will take all the luggage. Question is can she take ME to Contemporary with just laptop while we are staying at AoA? Will she make it or better if I pick up at airport?

My wife and I are going to the World for Dark Side race. I am driving down a day early and she is flying down. She lands at 730 and we would like to go to California Grill. We have never been there and are celebrating our 30th a couple months early Have reservations at 930. I will take all the luggage. Question is can she take ME to Contemporary with just laptop while we are staying at AoA? Will she make it or better if I pick up at airport?

:welcome: to DISBoards @Brian Murray!

I moved your post to the Transportaton board, the folks here should be able to help you out. :thumbsup2

When she scans her band to check in for Magical Express at the airport, they will direct her to the line for Art of Animation. She won't be able to get off the bus at the Contemporary. I would recommend either you picking her up, or her taking a car service/uber/lyft from the airport to meet you.

Have an awesome trip!!

When she scans her band to check in for Magical Express at the airport, they will direct her to the line for Art of Animation. She won't be able to get off the bus at the Contemporary. I would recommend either you picking her up, or her taking a car service/uber/lyft from the airport to meet you.

Have an awesome trip!!
Mears shared shuttle is priced right for one passenger - about $20 + tip with the WEB10 promo.

Me are shared shuttle may not get her to the resort in time.
On the other hand, Mears may well put her on the Contemporary-bound DME. No way to know.

DME won't take her to the Contemporary when she is staying at AoA. She should Uber/Taxi/Car Service to the Contemporary.

Welcome to the Transportation Board Brian!!!! If she lands, ontime, at 7:30, she won't even be off the plane until 7:45, earliest! I would do one of several things...
1. Book a car service, but it will be pricey
2. Have her use Uber
3. Try Mears...they may very well put her on the DME bus to the CR for about $20.

She won't be able to make it to the CR for 9:30 if she uses DME. She would be at AoA around 9ish. She could call for an Uber there, and possibly make it. But it would be very tight. If she tries Mears, and they don't put her on a CR DME bus, she could then just take an Uber. That would get her there by 8:30ish, no later than 9.

Just to add clarity for the OP, Magical Express is not a bus service it's an airport transfer service. It's agreement with MCO is that it can only transfer you between the airport and your hotel. And that's why she can't take it t the Contemporary. She has to take a bus that goes to AOA and that won't include the Contemporary.

Thank you for all the info will call Magical Express and see what they say probably just go to airport and pick her up myself thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter