Magical Gatherings?

randbmom

Science Teacher and Cast Member wannabe
I have a question about the Magical Gatherings. I just found out my neighbor and her extended family will be at WDW at the same time this fall, and we want to plan a group dinner (perhaps at Whispering Canyon or somewhere else fun) or book a special fireworks cruise or something like that. There will be 13 of us all together, although only one family is staying onsite and the other two families are offsite. Does this matter? Has anyone done Magical Gatherings PS bookings?
I know that planning meals for 11 (back in 2002 before the Magical Gatherings) was a daunting task at most onsite restaurants, and we had to split up our party most of the time.
Suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

I think something like 80% of your party has to be on-site to qualify as a Grand Gathering and get the perks of a large group. Check the disneyworld.com website or call them at 407 WDISNEY and ask.

If your party is larger than 13 you have to do your PS's through Group Dining. You can call the regular Disney Dining and they will transfer you. If you go this route, you are limited to the first or last 20 minutes of seatings. If those times are not to your liking, another poster suggested to me booking two separate PS's and then upon arriving at the restaurant you can request to be seated together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter