Magical Shuttle Suspends Disneyland Paris Service For Winter 2020

Has anyone travelled from CDG to DLP? How long does it take? Would you consider it safe? I was in Paris earlier in the year and someone tried to grab my case so I'm quite nervous to say the least going anywhere by train in Paris.

Has anyone travelled from CDG to DLP? How long does it take? Would you consider it safe? I was in Paris earlier in the year and someone tried to grab my case so I'm quite nervous to say the least going anywhere by train in Paris.
I'm so sorry about your attempted bag snatch, how horrible! Ive also done a slow train from Disney to Gare De Lyon. Both seemed perfectly safe to me, on par with most other European trains. Of course, watch out in the main terminals.

I'm so sorry about your attempted bag snatch, how horrible! Ive also done a slow train from Disney to Gare De Lyon. Both seemed perfectly safe to me, on par with most other European trains. Of course, watch out in the main terminals.
It was Gare de nord where they tried to take my case don't fancy travelling through there again.

Anyone any knowledge if timetables change by January? Can't book that far ahead it seems?

It takes 10 minutes, you don't have to go through the city of Paris. You can and it's cheaper, but it takes about 1.5 hours.

I prefer the train over the bus. I hate the bus because there is a schedule but they don't adhere to it. When the bus arrives, already late or on time, then first the bus driver takes a break. There is always an issue with at least one person with tickets. I get frustrated with the inefficiency.

The downside of the train is, that it's hard to time it correctly with a flight. As the train times are irregular, and you have to build in possible flight delays.
Upside is, if you have to wait an hour at the train station, there are some shops and restaurants, you can sit down, recharge your phone, use the wifi.

Once schedules are published they shouldn't change. I have never experienced it.
You can book 3 months in advance, so they are now at releasing the fares for early January. But you can already see the planned schedule. If you are lucky, it can be cheaper than the bus.
https://en.oui.sncf/en/

It takes 10 minutes, you don't have to go through the city of Paris. You can and it's cheaper, but it takes about 1.5 hours.

I prefer the train over the bus. I hate the bus because there is a schedule but they don't adhere to it. When the bus arrives, already late or on time, then first the bus driver takes a break. There is always an issue with at least one person with tickets. I get frustrated with the inefficiency.

The downside of the train is, that it's hard to time it correctly with a flight. As the train times are irregular, and you have to build in possible flight delays.
Upside is, if you have to wait an hour at the train station, there are some shops and restaurants, you can sit down, recharge your phone, use the wifi.

Once schedules are published they shouldn't change. I have never experienced it.
You can book 3 months in advance, so they are now at releasing the fares for early January. But you can already see the planned schedule. If you are lucky, it can be cheaper than the bus.
https://en.oui.sncf/en/
Thanks very much. Is it much dearer to buy on the day rather in advance? Dont want to waste a ticket if the plane is delayed.

Thanks very much. Is it much dearer to buy on the day rather in advance? Dont want to waste a ticket if the plane is delayed.
I prefer to buy it in advance, more to avoid the lines at the stations. I am not exactly sure what they do when your plane is delayed, if they let you use your ticket on the next train. Must happen more often.

Two years ago I had to return from DLP back to CDG earlier than expected. At the station they sold me a ticket without a seat for the first available train. So I think that's always an option.

I fly in from Amsterdam to Paris, which is a route I have done many times before, I know my way around CDG. It's a EU flight, I only travel with hand luggage, so no luggage to collect. This makes it easier to get from the plane to the train very quickly.

Does anyone know if they are doing covid testing at cdg? I know some countries do testing at the airports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter