Mailing a Package to Resort for Holidays

mnasf

DIS Veteran
We will be at a DVC resort for the holidays. Is it possible to mail a package or two to our resort? Is it safe or will it get lost? I don't want to create a big problem, but it would be convenient for us. Thanks!

Disney has a per-package handling fee of $5 for packages you send to the resort. You can send a package to your resort's specific address and address it to the lead name on the reservation, e.g. "John Smith, Guest, arrival: [provide date]." (Disney wants the package to say it is for a guest and the arrival date.) You pick the package up at the business centers for those resorts attached to a Disney resort that has them (BWV, VGF, BCV and BLT), otherwise at the front desk or concierge desk. As with any package delivery service, there is always some small risk of something being lost or damaged, but that is seldom an issue.

For discussion of delivery to a resort and applicable addresses, see https://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/ but note that thread was started when the $5 fee was applicable only to resorts with business centers and in April 2017, it was changed to apply to all resorts. As you will notice in the last several pages of the thread, the fee has not always been charged at Disney resorts without business centers even though the rule changed in April 2017, and thus apparently the hotels may have some discretion as to whether it is charged.

Last edited:

Thanks, this information is Very helpful. I was thinking of sending something via Amazon so it would probably be UPS. Should I try to have it arrive maybe two days before we get there?

Disney has a per-package handling fee of $5 for packages you send to the resort. You can send a package to your resort's specific address and address it to the lead name on the reservation, e.g. "John Smith, Guest, arrival: [provide date]." (Disney wants the package to say it is for a guest and the arrival date.) You pick the package up at the business centers for those resorts attached to a Disney resort that has them (BWV, VGF, BCV and BLT), otherwise at the front desk or concierge desk. As with any package delivery service, there is always some small risk of something being lost or damaged, but that is seldom an issue.

For discussion of delivery to a resort and applicable addresses, see https://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/ but note that thread was started when the $5 fee was applicable only to resorts with business centers and in April 2017, it was changed to apply to all resorts. As you will notice in the last several pages of the thread, the fee has not always been charged at Disney resorts without business centers even though the rule changed in April 2017, and thus apparently the hotels may have some discretion as to whether it is charged.

I received a small package from Amazon in September at VGF and I wasn't charged a fee. It was a small cable to charge my smartwatch, so it was shipped in a flat envelope-like package, probably the reason I wasn't charged: it was considered a letter and not a parcel.

I just placed my Garden Grocer order and packed 3 suitcases full of gifts (thank goodness we fly Southwest).

Previously, I would have shipped all this.

From what I understand, if there is a conference center, you need to be aware of the specific times you can pick up your packages.

That was the hang-up for us - more so than the fee.

Thank you!!!

I just placed my Garden Grocer order and packed 3 suitcases full of gifts (thank goodness we fly Southwest).

Previously, I would have shipped all this.

From what I understand, if there is a conference center, you need to be aware of the specific times you can pick up your packages.

That was the hang-up for us - more so than the fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!