Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rteetz they also confirmed a new China film when they mentioned Oh Canada and BatB that I don’t see in post #1. Am I missing that or does it still need to be added?

Martin Smith (Disney insider who posts regularly at wdwmagic) says August - September is likely for MMRR. I can't speak to the Space Restaurant as I haven't been following that as closely.
I thought I saw something about job postings for the restaurant that make it seem more likely for 2020. Not 100% sure on my memory of this though.

I thought I saw something about job postings for the restaurant that make it seem more likely for 2020. Not 100% sure on my memory of this though.
They wouldn’t have job postings for an attraction yet. They start with internal transfers before anything.

They wouldn’t have job postings for an attraction yet. They start with internal transfers before anything.

There were postings for "Space 220" by Patina, the company running the restaurant.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-details-revealed-for-space-restaurant-coming-to-epcot/

It says 2019.

Curious, can anyone give me more details on the following:

1. Any idea when the Minnie Rubaway ride will be done?

2. What exactly is the Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy? And when do they project it to be open?

3. What is Epcot Forever Fall?

4. Any idea when the Beauty & Beast sing a long will be done?

If we were to plan an October or November 2019 trip, would thee things "tentativelyely" be open?

2. What exactly is the Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy? And when do they project it to be open?

If we were to plan an October or November 2019 trip, would thee things "tentativelyely" be open?
All this info is in various threads on this board. Short answers.

Fall 2019

A character experience Summer 2019

Fireworks

2019 no idea exactly when

2. From my understanding this is suppose to be similar to Turtle Talk

3. Epcot Forever is the temporary Epcot replacement show between Illuminations and the the permanent replacement which will open in 2020. The temporary show should debut on October 1.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of having a replacement show for Illuminations before the permanent replacement? Why not just leave it as Illuminations?

(I'm sure there's a great reason, I'm just curious why :)

Cause they committed to a different show in fall 2019, and won't be ready?

Maybe the "interim" show uses some of the new show's technology and they want to phase it in to be sure it works.... shades of ROL will forever haunt them!

Just a guess... I too think it's odd.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of having a replacement show for Illuminations before the permanent replacement? Why not just leave it as Illuminations?

They are doing Epcot Forever as a homage to Epcot in the short term. The new show won't be ready until 2020.

I would think from a practical standpoint, whatever infrastructure exists for illuminations is either in the way of the final show, or maybe needs to be repurposed(barges?). The interim show is likely able to be performed without getting in the way of the construction for the final show.
Other possibilities is that parts of illuminations ROE are timing out from a safety or maintenance perspective. I'm thinking of the dragon float at the magic kingdom may have provoked some concerns.
These are just random guesses.

The Disney Tourist Blog had some interesting thoughts on that. He was also saying the interim show will draw lots of people & then the new show will draw lots more. It really works to Disney's benefit (financially)!

The Disney Tourist Blog had some interesting thoughts on that. He was also saying the interim show will draw lots of people & then the new show will draw lots more. It really works to Disney's benefit (financially)!
But Disney could switch out shows in any venue at any point in time. You know, if it really pulls in more crowds. Yet so many shows are so stagnant. I have no idea what they have in mind, but maybe the tech for the new show isn't quite ready to go yet? Seriously though, after seeing what they did (and didn't do) with RoL, I totally get a real Epcot fan being nervous about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts