Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I've already said what is going on at Epcot is shameful. They neglected it for years ruining or eliminating great attractions, now half the park is a construction site, and Spaceship Earth will be closed for 2 and a half years when in the same amount of time you could build 3 Empire State Buildings or renovate one NYC subway station. You know how you prepare for a WDW 50th Anniversary? You begin preparing for it 10 years before instead of horribly inconveniencing guests. I don't care how much Iger made for stockholders he was a complete disaster. It was so gratifying seeing him devastated and trying very hard to keep from disintegrating when Chapek was suddenly announced as the new CEO cheating Ogre out of being in the position in Oct of '21.

We are headed to the parks in early April.

Any idea of where the construction will be at that point for Epcot? Specifically the entrance area to FW?

I've been hearing some complaints about all of the fences and walls being a big downer, making the experience more confusing than it has to be.

Also just heard they will be refurbishing Cinderellas Castle at MK. Reaaaally hope there isnt a scaffolding covering the whole thing or portions of it. My wife is planing for some photos with it in the background.
Not to pile onto the bad news that is currently going around but yes the walls in Epcot are very confusing.

Not only do I doubt the parks will be open(Tokyo did not re-open) but if they are you would be very foolish to go. Let it go and see how things evolve. We are a week or two behind Italy which means it could be catastrophic.
Be healthy and don't think you are immune. I was healthy as a horse my whole life then came down with a pneumonia. I was in shock how vulnerable I became on the turn of a dime.
Stay healthy taking all the precautions you can and you'll have a lot of time to make decisions about everything.
I'm not sure why people are not getting it.

Just thought I'd ask is there any information on Harmonious, the firework show? Some sites say not till November of this year but I thought I say spring of this year?
I was wondering about this myself. I won't be back until 2021. Epcot Forever was completely uninspiring. I don't even think they are trying. The lights were out on one of the flying kite tails the night we saw it. I expected better than this from Disney. Epcot, in my opinion, was a disaster. Construction walls everywhere, and long walks to get around them.
Hopefully some of those walls will be down by my next trip.

When’s the new EPCOT light shows starting? Anyone?
Completely unknown. As there are no nighttime shows now, and Harmonious wasn’t supposed to start until closer to the 50th anniversary, I would hope it would premiere around that time (10/2021). But it’s just a guess.

Completely unknown. As there are no nighttime shows now, and Harmonious wasn’t supposed to start until closer to the 50th anniversary, I would hope it would premiere around that time (10/2021). But it’s just a guess.
It should but we all know the world we live in currently is unpredictable.

Nobody knows, but the rumors state that the funding for Tron is up at the end of the year and they aren't picking it up the project until later in 2021.

If I had to guess, both will open in 2022.

Please forgive me if I am repeating. I scanned through quickly and didn't see it. Any dates for closure and refurb of Splash Mountain? We had a trip planned for the end of this month, but have decided to put it off until next February. :(
I had my fingers crossed we would get to ride it one last time this trip and now I don't have much hope since we are waiting until 2022.

Please forgive me if I am repeating. I scanned through quickly and didn't see it. Any dates for closure and refurb of Splash Mountain? We had a trip planned for the end of this month, but have decided to put it off until next February. :(
I had my fingers crossed we would get to ride it one last time this trip and now I don't have much hope since we are waiting until 2022.
No dates have been given yet, but expectations are it won’t be for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!