making PS

Sarahsmom85

Mouseketeer
When making a PS should you tell them you have a w/c? I've only made one PS so far for rhe Crystal palace. I was so wrapped up in getting the PS for the time I wanted, I didn't even mention we have a w/c. Should I call them back?

Hi,

I just got done making PS's!! I told them I was in a wheelchair & they made a note but I don't think it's a must. Have fun!!

Allison

It is good to mention it when making PS, but I would not call back for Crystal Palace.
Do mention it when you check in for your PS so if they have any tables that are beter for someone with a wheelchair, they can slot you in for one of those.
The 2 places I would definately make sure they know when the PS is made are Cinderella's Royal Table and the restaurent at the Living Seas (can't think of the name offhand). Both of those have different levels, some of which are not wheelchair accessible.
Crystal Palace is very nice - we're eating there on our next trip too.

Originally posted by SueM in MN
.The 2 places I would definately make sure they know when the PS is made are Cinderella's Royal Table and the restaurent at the Living Seas (can't think of the name offhand). Both of those have different levels, some of which are not wheelchair accessible.

There are also different levels at Morocco and Brown Derby.

Some restaurants, like the Land have booths in some parts of the restaurant that would require a transfer out of the chair.

Some restaurants, Like Cinderella's & Bistro de Paris can .only be accessed by elevator if you use a chair or ECV, and elevators sometimes break down.

I cannot transfer out of my chair, so I like to be seated where my chair won't obstruct other diners or the serving staff.

I always tell them I have a powerchair when making PSs. It is then up to the restaurant staff to decide if this information is important or not.

Anndrew

This trip my wheelchair seemed to be a problem at every sit-down restaurant that we went to. When we made our PS's, we told them that I was in a wheelchair and when we checked in we also reminded them. Which always felt sort of silly, as I was sitting in the wheelchair when I told them(smile).

And then we had to keep repeating to the host or hostess, that I was going to stay in the wheelchair. This elicited big sighs, annoyed looks and we had to wait again for a table to be available (after being called up that our table was ready). I'm not quite sure what was going on in the restaurants that caused my wheelchair to be a problem this trip. And if it had just been one restaurant, I would have just passed it off to the host or hostess having a bad day. So, I would definitely tell them when you make the PS and again when you check-in. And if you aren't going to transfer to a regular chair, let them know this when you check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter