Making Reservations at Cinderella's table

emindc

Earning My Ears
Hello --

If this is the wrong forum for my question, please forgive me. This is my first time at this board and, indeed, the first time I am planning a Disney trip. Please let me know where I should post if I got it wrong.

My question is this: Our Disney trip is 91 days away, which means that tomorrow morning (Monday 9/6) and the next day (Tuesday 9/7) would be the right days to try for priority seating for breakfast at Cinderella's table. However, I understand the Disney Call Center is naturally dealing with hurricane related emergencies now and we are being asked to hold off on calls unrelated to the present situation. Should I still call 407-WDW-DINE tomorrow a.m., or what? I don't want to tie up the phone lines for trivial stuff, but on the other hand, I don't want to call after the emergency and find out I missed the boat. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

-Liz

Liz-
Welcome to the boards!!
If I were you, I would call tomorrow morning right at 6:59-7:00am. If they are closed once 7am hits there will most likely be a nice message explaining why. I think most of the phone calls Disney will have to deal with will probably be for rooms so the 407-WDW-DINE should be a safe bet. Also- since its the hardest PS to get at WDW, you shouldn't mess around, just call and get it done! As bad as we all feel for everyone hit with Frances, you know there will be ton of people who call down there that don't even realize it. Good Luck!!!
PS- for tips at getting the Cindy PS, look at the thread at the top of the Restaurants page here on the boards! :earsboy:

Last weekend we got a similar message. It was Sunday morning at 7:00 and when we called we were asked to call back Monday. We panicked because we thought that now they would handling two days of calling.:eek: But we got our PS for Cindy. I guess they were just shorthanded that day. I would almost anticipate a message like that tomorrow too. But make sure to call anyway. You have to be sure. GOOD LUCK!

WE called today for the illuminations cruise and there was a messge saying due to circumstances they were closed..I'm sure if they need to be closed tomorrow they will have a similar message...good luck

Welcome to The Dis glad you found us and glad to see you. I moved your question here because we have some real experts here to help you on this board.::yes:: :wave2: Danny

Liz,
I just saw another thread that said they could get thru to make their ressies. The Orlando office is closed but 2 out of state offices are handling calls. So definately try tomorrow am & GOOD LUCK to you! Hopefully everyone will be sleeping in for the holiday & you can be the 1st one in. Make sure to read the top thread about "how to call in" to have the best chance of getting a ps. Also, if you don't get one, don't fret, people have to leave their credit card info now & they can cancel 48 hrs b4 their ps so you can always try again 48 hrs b4 your trip to get a ps. Also, if you can't get CRT, quickly ask about PSB instead. I am not sure if you are planning to go to EPCOT but if you have your heart set on dining with princesses you may have a better chance for PSB. You can always cancel it 48 hrs in advance if you decide not to do it.
Pixie dust for you ********************princess:

I have read on other threads that people called saturday for they PS, in my opinion if they were not wanting to deal with PS they should say on the recording and not take calls for anyone doing advance PS, but as disney goes in other situations those who went ahead and called got their PS seating this weekend and those who did not think they could call did not and I know they have sold out. I am very concerned about the CM"s family and those who have to reschedule but in my opinion disney should have an emergency number for them and if they don't want to take PS they should not. If you wait until Tues you won't get your seating.

Originally posted by emindc
Hello --

If this is the wrong forum for my question, please forgive me. This is my first time at this board and, indeed, the first time I am planning a Disney trip. Please let me know where I should post if I got it wrong.

My question is this: Our Disney trip is 91 days away, which means that tomorrow morning (Monday 9/6) and the next day (Tuesday 9/7) would be the right days to try for priority seating for breakfast at Cinderella's table. However, I understand the Disney Call Center is naturally dealing with hurricane related emergencies now and we are being asked to hold off on calls unrelated to the present situation. Should I still call 407-WDW-DINE tomorrow a.m., or what? I don't want to tie up the phone lines for trivial stuff, but on the other hand, I don't want to call after the emergency and find out I missed the boat. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

-Liz

Just so I can make sure I am calculating my 90 days right, what days are you shooting for PS>

Started calling this morning for CRT. Was on hold for 20 minutes, but then got through and GOT A RESSIE for CRT!!!! YEAH!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

So, I don't know why Mousesavers is saying to wait till tomorrow. If you want a PS for Dec 5th, call today!

~Trixie:wave2:

Hi, and thanks for all the great advice!

I called at 6:59 this morning and was on hold for over an hour! As you can imagine, at some point I began to wonder if there was anyone there or if I would be on hold indefinitely. Unfortunately, I lost my cell phone connection at that point so I don't know what the result would have been.

I called later this afternoon just to get determine if they were closed or open in anticipation of tomorrow, my back-up date. The reservation agent was very kind, and pointed out that since I have a SON and no DAUGHTERS perhaps he would enjoy a non-princess character breakfast better. I had to admit he was probably right, although I was trying for Cinderella because I thought we would enjoy the castle atmosphere, the favorable character-guest ratio and being able to interact with characters who can speak. In the end, I decided to go with the Chef Mickey character breakfast. If there was a Buzz and Woody breakfast, that would be the one for us, but since there isn't, it's really a toss-up.

If anyone thinks I made a mistake, I can try again tomorrow morning for the 12/6 PS. I'd love to hear your opinions and thanks again for all your help!!

-Liz

Hey Liz-
Your son will LOVE Chef Mickey's. We go to CM's every year for my son and then do a princess meal for my daughter. Its such a blast. The character interaction is great and the buffet is wonderful!
You will all have a fun time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter