Manoa Falls and Makapuu Point

Captain Canada

Earning My Ears
What is parking like? I would like to stop here our first day but would have luggage locked in our car. Wondering how safe that would be. Thanks

I wouldn’t. Theft is an issue here.
We needed this advice given in your books and by many experienced folks like @Midoria) here, so we had no issues. However, at least one DIS'er reported having their car broken into, so it's not just talk. I'd hate to spend valuable vacation time dealing with a break-in.

It really depends on the time of day and where you park. If you have a van or SUV I'd avoid parking with luggage in my car. If you can lock all your luggage in the trunk you should be ok.

There is a parking lot directly across from the restaurant near the trailhead of Manoa Falls park. I would feel safe parking there during lunchtime. Btw, don't eat at the restaurant - it's horrible.

The parking area near the start of the trail of Makapuu is also very heavily trafficked and I would be less worried there. I've done this hike several times and I've never been alone on the trail. I definitely wouldn't park on the side of the road or near the start of the road the turns into the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter