Marathon Weekend 2018

I scanned them all and never found myself, but did find about a half dozen runners in “my” costume. Was really funny and interesting! That’s what happens when you don’t know how to sew and aren’t creative enough to design your own....

I saw on FB more than 13,000 pounds of clothing was donated during marathon weekend this year.

Seems pretty low. Disney on Ice in 2010 had 26,000 pounds donated over only two days. You'd think with four days of cool temperatures there would be a lot more this year.

Seems pretty low. Disney on Ice in 2010 had 26,000 pounds donated over only two days. You'd think with four days of cool temperatures there would be a lot more this year.
Most people probably kept their clothes on ;) That seems very far off 2010 numbers tho.

I will say I only threw away two things which was less than expected. I had a throwaway shirt under my singlet for the half but never got warm enough to throw it. I did however throw pants and a shirt on Sunday. Thursday and Friday I didn't even expect to get warm enough to be tossing clothes.

The only days I threw away clothes was during the half and full. For the 5K/10K I went with my usual cold weather running gear, so there was nothing to throw away.

We actually left some clothes behind at our resort since we didn't throw them away during the races. There was no room in our suitcases as we had not planned to take them home!

I only threw away a discarded jacket that I had actually picked up at a previous Disney race years before.

Someone please save these stats for the first wise-guy poster who say's "It wasn't cold." :(

I'm so sorry to bump myself into your thread, but I'm trying to estimate what time each corral starts for the half marathon. My two nieces (and a friend) are running the Princess in a few weeks, and due to a misunderstanding, my niece and her friend failed to submit the POTs :( They've been placed in the last corral, H, and my other niece and I are in C. Just trying to figure out how far behind us they will be. Funnily enough, they're faster than me, so I'm hoping they'll catch us at some point...Did anyone run the half at the Marathon weekend in corral H? And would you by chance remember what time you started? Thanks so much for any info!!

The first wave of H stepped off at 6:30. The waves started approximately 2 minutes apart. I do not know when C started, but would guess that you will be 30-40 minutes ahead of them.

The first wave of H stepped off at 6:30. The waves started approximately 2 minutes apart. I do not know when C started, but would guess that you will be 30-40 minutes ahead of them.

Thank you so much! I think they will definitely catch up to us at the Magic Kingdom. I'm okay with spending some extra time on castle shots :)

I'm so sorry to bump myself into your thread, but I'm trying to estimate what time each corral starts for the half marathon. My two nieces (and a friend) are running the Princess in a few weeks, and due to a misunderstanding, my niece and her friend failed to submit the POTs :( They've been placed in the last corral, H, and my other niece and I are in C. Just trying to figure out how far behind us they will be. Funnily enough, they're faster than me, so I'm hoping they'll catch us at some point...Did anyone run the half at the Marathon weekend in corral H? And would you by chance remember what time you started? Thanks so much for any info!!

Per this:
https://public.tableau.com/profile/...altDisneyWorldMarathon2018/DisneyMarathon2018

Corral C started at 5:39am
Corral H started at 6:26am

I'm using myself as a reference for Corral A start (5:31am, and time 0:00) since I was at the very front.

So, a 47 minute differential. Over the course of 13.1 miles, that is a difference of 3:35 min/mile. So if your pace is slower than theirs by 3:35 min/mile you would be estimated to finish at the same time (like a 10:00 min/mile (them) vs a 13:35 min/mile (you)). If you attempted to have them catch you by MK (mile 5), then they would need to run 9:24 min/mile faster than you (like a 9:00 min/mile (them) vs a 18:24 min/mile (you)) up to that point in the race. Hope this helps!

Per this:
https://public.tableau.com/profile/...altDisneyWorldMarathon2018/DisneyMarathon2018

Corral C started at 5:39am
Corral H started at 6:26am

I'm using myself as a reference for Corral A start (5:31am, and time 0:00) since I was at the very front.

So, a 47 minute differential. Over the course of 13.1 miles, that is a difference of 3:35 min/mile. So if your pace is slower than theirs by 3:35 min/mile you would be estimated to finish at the same time (like a 10:00 min/mile (them) vs a 13:35 min/mile (you)). If you attempted to have them catch you by MK (mile 5), then they would need to run 9:24 min/mile faster than you (like a 9:00 min/mile (them) vs a 18:24 min/mile (you)) up to that point in the race. Hope this helps!

Wow, that's awesome - thanks so much for figuring that all out for me! I do think we'll plan to hit all the photo ops and just take it easy on the way to the Magic Kingdom. Hopefully, they'll want to run quickly and catch up to us, but if they decide not to, we can each run our own race. Disappointing, but it is what it is. Thanks again!!

...we can each run our own race. Disappointing, but it is what it is. Thanks again!!

I didn't see anyone else mention this and I may be stating the obvious, but I'll say it anyway: it is legal to start in a corral behind your assigned corral. So if you are in C, you can start in H or somewhere in between to lessen the 'catch-up' factor.

I didn't see anyone else mention this and I may be stating the obvious, but I'll say it anyway: it is legal to start in a corral behind your assigned corral. So if you are in C, you can start in H or somewhere in between to lessen the 'catch-up' factor.

Thank you! Yes, I did know I can drop back to H, but as I'm slower than them I don't really want to do that (and I'm a little selfish :rolleyes:). But I didn't think about just dropping back one or two corrals - good idea, I'll have to think on that one.

Did anyone else order the "I Did It" jackets? I order a Dopey one for myself and my girl @Keels
I got a confirmation email but still haven't been charged or heard anything else. I know they were probably trying to get all the orders in then processing (printing). Thought this group might have some insights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!