They were available for purchase last year at the expo... if you could find them. They were not part of the pre-purchase pack.

New in the pin bundles this year is the ‘I did it’ pin; last year the individual race bundles were the race logo pin, the medal replica pin and the magnet. The Marathon weekend bundle was (if I remember) the magnet, shoe ornament and figurine. There were no pictures of anything until they did the general release a few weeks before the race.

Has anyone ordered the jacket before? If so, what was it like and was it worth it?

I’ve done the pre-order jackets the last two years and have liked them! The 2017 one was my favorite because it had a cute little Dopey on the front, which I liked more than all of the general Dopey merch. I’m on the fence about it for 2019, mostly because I’m not doing all the races, but I’ll probably do it because I’m a merch sheep and it makes it easier for me to not buy anything at the actual expo.

I have some pics somewhere I can post. The women’s cut is really fitted, so if you don’t want a fitted jacket, order a size up or order the men’s. I usually use mine these days for post-swim jacket since I’m usually cold after I swim and leave the gym.

Last edited:
The marathon weekend bundle also includes a snow globe. Have they had snow globes in the past? I assume it is a small snowglobe since its bundled with an ornament, keychain, and magnet. No previews or prices are listed yet. Like may of you, I prefer to see what I'm buying!
Snow Globe??? Any other fliers who don’t check their luggage out there?

Snow Globe??? Any other fliers who don’t check their luggage out there?

From the TSA website:
Snow globes that appear to contain less than 3.4 ounces of liquid (approximately tennis ball size) can be packed in your carry-on bag ONLY if the entire snow globe, including the base, is able to fit into your one quart-sized, resealable plastic bag.

From the TSA website:
Snow globes that appear to contain less than 3.4 ounces of liquid (approximately tennis ball size) can be packed in your carry-on bag ONLY if the entire snow globe, including the base, is able to fit into your one quart-sized, resealable plastic bag.
So hope it’s a mini snow globe. It probably is.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! We are only 205 days away from Marathon Weekend! Registration and ADRs next month!

Anyway, that's the future and the present is Sundays are for Disney, so let's roll...

How would you rank the four parks at Walt Disney World?

My rankings:

4. Hollywood Studios
3. Animal Kingdom
2. Epcot
1. Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom is what I think of when I think of Disney. It's a two-day (minimum) park for me and I never get tired of the sights, sounds and attractions. Epcot has grown on me significantly over the years and I'm excited for the changes that are coming. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are great parks, but have their own shortfalls. That said, I haven't been since Pandora or Toy Story Land opened (yes, I know it hasn't opened yet), so I'm hoping to reassess these rankings next year.

Have a great week, everyone!

SAFD:

4. Animal Kingdom
3. Epcot
2. Hollywood Studios
1. Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom ... for everything. The castle. The rides. The characters. The fireworks. Just ... everything.
Hollywood Studios is something I know most people won't agree with. But I love almost everything there (not ToT or that terrible Beauty and the Beast show, but everything else). Plus, it has some of the best character meets (the outfits!). Yes, it could be better, but I still love it as it is.
Epcot I could take or leave. I like some stuff there, and it's nice to walk around, but it's not my favorite for sure.
Animal Kingdom ... meh.

4. Magic Kingdom [Too crowded and congested, but I do enjoy taking the ferry to TTC when leaving]
3. Hollywood Studios [Still enjoy a leisurely roundtrip walk from the BCVs for a quick hit of some of our favorites; ToT, TSM, RnR, Beauty and the Beast]
2. Animal Kingdom [Good diversity between Safari, Everest, Pandora and the walking trails in Africa and Asia]
1. Epcot [International Gateway, Bass Ale at UK Rose & Crown Kiosk, lap around world showcase [repeat], entertainment in all of the countries, Test Track, Soarin', SSE, and Illuminations...yes, still a fan]

Extra Credit [Because I always needed this in High School]: Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach

SAFD:

4. Animal Kingdom
3. Magic Kingdom
2. Hollywood Studios
1. EPCOT.

EPCOT has long been my favorite between the rides, the food, the alcohol and the festivals.
Hollywood Studios has all my Star Wars fun along with some great rides (RnRC & Toy Story Mania) and restaurants and in very random Dis_Yoda trivia - my very first kiss ever was in the Tower of Terror Pre-Show room as a teenager (maybe that is why my husband doesn't like ToT)
Magic Kingdom has some fun rides but I actually like Disneyland better
Animal Kingdom eh - we've gone through phases where we didn't visit the park for over a year and didn't really care.

SAFD:

4. Hollywood Studios-Has some of my favorite individual attractions, but there’s just not enough there.
3. Epcot-I still love a good day at Epcot. It probably hops to #1b when there’s a good festival going on.
2. Animal Kingdom-The addition of Pandora makes it feel like much more of a fully realized park now. Not the biggest fan of Dinoland, USA, but I realize there’s a need for a bit of a crowd eater even if the attractions aren’t great (and my nieces and nephews love the playground)
1. Magic Kingdom-There was a time when I would have gone all contrarian and placed MK 4th, but it’s got me now. There’s an undeniable magic to the place; it has the most attractions, parades, best nighttime show. The food options aren’t as good, but that lets me target my favorites and leave the meh and worse (*cough* Cosmic Ray’s *cough*) quick service to others.

I’d never turn down a day at any of the parks and if I had a 4-day ticket without park hopper I would do all 4 parks rather than doubling up.

ETA: Once upon a time crowds would have been a huge detractor on MK, but after being there at the absolute wrong time of year last year (New Years while kids were still out of school) the crowds were completely out of control at all 4 parks and MK actually did the best at absorbing and dispersing those crowds (probably because it has the most experience with doing so). We could barely walk in AK and gave up on doing anything other than our FP+. On a hopelessly crowded day I’d do Epcot because it has the most space and I can have a good time without attractions

Last edited:
1. Animal Kingdom
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Epcot
4. Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios has the potential to move up the rank soon. Right now it’s at the bottom though.
Epcot I do enjoy but it needs some updating which it’s getting.
Magic Kingdom will always the place that started the magic for me.
Animal Kingdom is the best park at WDW. It is so incredibly immersive and detailed. Even before Pandora it created authentic places that many don’t get to experience inside a theme park.

How would you rank the four parks at Walt Disney World?
4. Hollywood Studios
3. Magic Kingdom
2. Animal Kingdom
1. Epcot!!!

Since my second WDW trip, I have been obsessed with all things Epcot! Especially during Food & Wine (I haven't made it to Flower & Garden yet).

While I don't spend as much time there, I love all of the unique experiences Animal Kingdom has to offer. I'm an animal lover, so it feels good to get some animal time (and not just human time) when on a Disney vacation.

I rank Magic Kingdom low because I grew up going to Disneyland and just prefer the original.

Obviously, Hollywood Studios is last due to the current state of construction. While Tower if Terror is my favorite WDW attraction, that's not enough right now.

SAFD

4: HS...too few rides right now and the ones that are coming in 2 weeks are baby-ish
3: Epcot...too few thrill rides right now, feeling dated.
2: MK...Only here because I couldn't do a tie. Definitely love it as much as my #1.
1: AK...Cute animals, environmentalism, way better vegetarian options than any other park for food, fun thrill rides and great shows!

P.S. For next week, start rounding up some of your favorite Disney pics.

Also, does anyone have much experience setting up online brackets? I thought it might be fun to do an ultimate attraction tournament.

P.S. For next week, start rounding up some of your favorite Disney pics.

Also, does anyone have much experience setting up online brackets? I thought it might be fun to do an ultimate attraction tournament.
I could make one on excel. Otherwise I’m sure there are some bracket maker tools out there.

I could make one on excel. Otherwise I’m sure there are some bracket maker tools out there.

I’m thinking more along the lines of an online bracket, so I can post a link and let everyone vote each week. I’ll research and report back.

I try to be a lurker-only on this thread, but sometimes I can't help myself.

4. Hollywood Studios. Not much of a movie guy, never warmed up to HS.
3. Epcot. Not far behind AK. The best way to experience Epcot is to run 'justly' the half and spend Sunday morning cheering the marathoners.
2. Animal Kingdom. I love Kilimanjaro Safari., EE, and the Tree of Life. Somehow, it took me 4 Goofys to realize you get to see the Tree of life during the race.
1. Magic Kingdom. It was the first. For a while, it was the only. It is magical to go down Main Street to Space Mountain, race or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!