Sundays are for Disney: DW and I spent an anniversary at Disney a few years ago and I got the anniversary celebration package for her. We still have the towels and the congratulatory picture signed by Mickey and Minnie (not pictured).

16D397FB-5BB9-49F5-8AD2-53057D21CECC.jpeg

SAFD: Like others have said, I also enjoy showing my love through trip planning.
“Quality Time” is both one of our love languages, so taking the stress out of “where to eat” (I don’t care, where do you want to eat?) and “what to do next” allows us to be able to really enjoy our time together! My DH is always really appreciative of that too, which makes me feel good :)

SAFD: We love Disney with our kids but thankfully we take my mom every trip so DH and I get to go out every night once the kiddos are asleep. We really get to enjoy the magic without whining and complaining! It’s the best!

Sundays are for Disney:
I love my family so I do all the trip planning for them to make their vacations extra magical! Something they were too young and now too "teenage" to appreciate! Although my husband does! And he loves me enough to indulge my Disney trips both family and as a couple, RD obsession and even spent our anniversary running Tower of Terror in 2014! And he doesn't run races! Working on talking him into joining me for Dopey 2019 trip- we shall see!
We all love getting away from reality!

SAFD: There is a theme here - I love being the planner as well. One thing I look forward to is our tradition of each member of the family picking one restaurant and one Fast Pass. I think figure out the rest and organize our itenerary. The family all get to contribute and it is really fun during the meal to recognize who ever picked that place.

SAFD: Go on ToT with DH. He likes that ride and it makes me feel queasy. One time per day we are at Studios I'll do it. Sure he could go alone but it's not like I actually get sick on the ride, just queasy when the bouncing is happening.

SAFD - what a great topic.

This is very DLR-centric since that is our home park... but I love getting Fastpasses for our entire group. Usually we vacation with my two bros-in-law and their families. One of them is also an active runner, so between the two of us we will be the designated "runners" to try and maximize our Fastpass use for the day. This last trip we tried MaxPass, which we absolutely loved, but I did kind of miss the adventure of obtaining Fastpasses the old way.

Needless to say I have a lot of work to do to get properly educated on preparing for WDW in 2019 as the last time we were there they did not have Fastpass+!

what do you enjoy doing with or for a loved one at Disney?

SAFD - My DH & DS are not into theme parks so it's usually just me and my 12yo DD. We also live locally now so I like to surprise her every now and then. The Grand Floridian was always her dream resort. I booked a 3 night stay for her and my MIL this past December. She cried when we pulled into the resort driveway. She thought we were staying at POR!!! For the PHM it's just us again and we are staying 3 nights at Beach Club so we can experience SAB for the first time. I have a surprise reservation at Beaches & Cream so she can finally order the kitchen sink. We won't come close to finishing it, but it's all about the experience anyway! Another surprise I have is lunch at BOG after the 5K. She really loves their potato & leek soup.

Hi all! I’m planning on doing the full in 2019. It will be my first full! Just booked a Poly studio for 1/11-19. It’s getting real!!

SAFD: Like the others said, I’m the planner. However, I’m bad at surprises. It is just my husband and I and I get so excited if I book something special. This past summer, I took my 80 year old Grandmother for her first visit and my mom to celebrate her beating cancer. I managed a few surprises: I got my mom custom “I Beat Cancer” celebration buttons from Etsy, a welcome gift with ears in our room at VGF for my grandmother, and a custom cake at California Grill. The best part was breakfast at CRT. My grandmother’s favorite princess is Snow White since they are the same age. She hadn’t even made it to our table yet and my grandmother started crying :sad: I was a complete mess! It was one of my favorite Disney moments for sure.

Question for the marathon vets:
Has anyone ever done all four parks after the marathon? Is it doable or really a crazy idea?
I'm not planning on doing anything super intense - right now I'm thinking Mickey M&G (possibly also Minnie, since she will be my marathon costume), Starbucks, and one attraction in each park, so it won't be too crazy, but I just don't know if even that is getting myself in over my head.

Has anyone ever done all four parks after the marathon? Is it doable or really a crazy idea?
I'm not planning on doing anything super intense - right now I'm thinking Mickey M&G (possibly also Minnie, since she will be my marathon costume), Starbucks, and one attraction in each park, so it won't be too crazy, but I just don't know if even that is getting myself in over my head.

To quote our main man... "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I haven't done the marathon, but I think if you get Starbucks to drink in each park, you'll be ok. ;) (My in-laws did all 4 parks in one day and ended back at MK where they started. They hit all 4 parks in the time that it took my hubby and I to visit HP world... so I think it's possible if you don't actually want to see much of the parks!)

On the same day as the marathon? I have not and I think it would be very difficult to accomplish. If you were going to try, you have to factor in your finish time (a 9 am finish gives lots more time than a 1 pm finish, but the 9 am finish will still have to deal with road closures). You also have to consider your recovery time, how long it will take to get back to the hotel, shower, etc. Having your own vehicle would help reduce transit time between parks and would almost be mandatory. Remember also that the parks might close earlier next marathon Sunday because it is a week further removed from New Years.

Personally, I would do your marathon costume photos after the race and then do your 4 park adventure on Monday. Doing it all Sunday is doable but has many more considerations than doing the 4 parks Monday. If you were not going to return to your hotel to recover and change after the race, I would start with EPCOT since you are already there. Good luck!

If it’s on marathon day I’d say no. If it’s the day after sure why not.

I think this is an awesome idea but I agree that it would be tough to accomplish on Sunday - day after it would be perfect!

I guess it depends on when you finish, how quickly you get back to the resort/shower/recover (take a nap after? Eat? Want to sit for awhile). I LOVE the idea of getting a picture with Mickey at all 4 parks with your Mickey medal though! Wish I'd thought of that! And Starbucks obviously but you knew that. :teeth:

I guess popular wisdom is not to do 4 parks on marathon day. Oh well. I'm sure I'll find something else to do that day. (I've never been one of those "must do all 4 parks in one day" people anyway, so I'm okay with not doing it (Monday is not an option with my currently planned schedule), I just thought it would be fun for post-marathon afternoon).

I guess popular wisdom is not to do 4 parks on marathon day. Oh well. I'm sure I'll find something else to do that day. (I've never been one of those "must do all 4 parks in one day" people anyway, so I'm okay with not doing it (Monday is not an option with my currently planned schedule), I just thought it would be fun for post-marathon afternoon).
Any other day except for marathon day I would say go for it. However after the marathon you’re only going to have maybe half your day left. I know I wasn’t in a park until after 1PM. You probably could do it if you really wanted though.

I think this is an awesome idea but I agree that it would be tough to accomplish on Sunday - day after it would be perfect!

I guess it depends on when you finish, how quickly you get back to the resort/shower/recover (take a nap after? Eat? Want to sit for awhile). I LOVE the idea of getting a picture with Mickey at all 4 parks with your Mickey medal though! Wish I'd thought of that! And Starbucks obviously but you knew that. :teeth:
I just realized I missed an opportunity for a RNRC shoutout: "Wait a minute...I love that idea." :sad1:

I've done more than one park after the marathon but we haven't ever done all 4. I think the biggest issue you'll have is lines and transit times. Ariel and others have some pretty good points. A lot of this will depend on the transit situation, your finish time and if you want to go back to the room post race.

Best case scenario. (fast marathon with car)
Start Marathon at 5:45 and finish by 9:45 (Four hour Marathon Pace)
By the time you exit the Finish are and have eaten something potentially freshened up a bit it will be 10:15.
By the time you walk to your car, stow your stuff then walk to the front of the park, and go through security and the turnstiles it will be 10:45 ish
I am guessing that you could do an attraction, Sbucks and the pic in Epcot in 1:30 minutes.

Leave Epcot at 12:15 and drive to Studios.
The parks will be more crowded there so I think you'll probably need closer to 2 hours to do everything there including getting in through security.
That would set you up to leave Studios at 2:30

Leave Studios at 2:30 and get to AK by 2:50
I would budget more time for AK so that you could stop either at Nomad Lounge, Satuli, or Flame Tree for some real food.
I think you could do what you want at AK and be on the way out by 6:30

Head from there to MK. I'm guessing it could take upwards of an hour to get from AK to the front of MK.
If you arrive there by 7:30 it should give you time to do everything you want.

If your marathon is slower parks, will be more crowded and my guess is that the time getting into the parks and the time spent in each park would be longer too. I also know that, that would be a lot of walking. It also doesn't really give you time to get cleaned up post race. I think it is possible, but it might not be very fun.

I think I just wasn't thinking the timeline through. I figured an hour per park (which is really only if there are minimal crowds, and even that's probably grossly underestimating my time) plus half an hour to get between parks (I hadn't decided on buses or Minnie Van yet, but those were my options), which is 5.5 hours. Since I'm slow, I probably won't be finishing the race until 1:30ish, and then figure 30-45 minutes to get back to the hotel and 30-45 minutes to shower/change/grab lunch/do my hair ... that means I'm not getting to park #1 until 3ish, which means that even if everything goes perfectly, I need park #4 to be open until 9 (which Epcot generally is, even during offseason, I think). That seems like a lot of potential for disaster.

I probably should have thought about the timeline before coming up with this idea. I have a few months to figure this out, right? (Maybe I'll "plan" for all 4 parks, but if by park 2 I think it's not going to happen, I'll just stay in park 2 the rest of the day)

(The walking I don't mind at all ... I'm used to being on my feet for a long time. )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter