Marathon Weekend 2021

SAFD: I’m turning this one over to DH, who definitely had fun with it, and went a whole different direction.

His list:
1. Dexter Riley from “The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes”
2. Dexter Riley from “The Strongest Man in the World”
3. Dexter Riley from “Now You See Him, Now You Don’t”
4. Nanu from “The World’s Greatest Athlete”
5. Herbie from . . . well, just Herbie. Always Herbie!
I’m going to have to add to DH’s list. I would include Tia and Tony Castaway, from “Escape to Witch Mountain.” They can be junior members of the team, like the Wonder Twins.

Hi friends. I'm joining the thread. The half I was training for was cancelled (it's the end of May) so it's been hard finding some motivation but when I get out there, I'm always glad about it. We homeschool already, so life hasn't been too disrupted for me and the kids. DH has been working from home. He's in foodservice and the restaurant business in our area is already down 70%, so we are waiting to hear from his company on what will happen to his pay. Fun times, right?

And it has rained 9 out of the past 10 days, all day. I wasn't going to do MW 2021, but I think I may have to plan on at least the marathon. I need something exciting to look forward to!

Hi friends. I'm joining the thread. The half I was training for was cancelled (it's the end of May) so it's been hard finding some motivation but when I get out there, I'm always glad about it. We homeschool already, so life hasn't been too disrupted for me and the kids. DH has been working from home. He's in foodservice and the restaurant business in our area is already down 70%, so we are waiting to hear from his company on what will happen to his pay. Fun times, right?

And it has rained 9 out of the past 10 days, all day. I wasn't going to do MW 2021, but I think I may have to plan on at least the marathon. I need something exciting to look forward to!

Hey lahobbs4,
same as you, came here for some inspiration. Was due to run the Brighton marathon in April, Cancelled. Due to run Chicago in October, hopeful! I know, big picture running isn’t the most important thing atm, but it’s a nice distraction. Any thoughts on wether registration is going to go ahead as normal?
🤔

With Star Wars cancelled, decided to do the marathon instead.

Rented DVC points from someone on the boards and they were able to move the reservation last night.

My FIL was recently diagnosed with a form of leukemia, so will be signing up with Team in Training and fundraising for the race.

I hope everyone is faring well and staying healthy. In light of recent events, our very topical Sundays are for Disney is: what would you do with a fully functional, but totally empty Disney park? Assume all the rides are working automatically, restaurants are stocked, surfaces are decontaminated and fireworks shows go on as scheduled.
SAFD: Even more time exploring Galaxy's Edge and especially Rise of the Resistance. And really enjoy getting to play along with the Star Wars characters and the CMs from Batuu. I mean I do this already, but have to make sure I do not monopolize their time since I'm not the only person doing this.
Avengers assemble! For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, create a super hero team of Disney characters. Use whatever criteria you want, but have fun with it.
Ooh, I like this one.

Prince Phillip: Because you need a great swordsman.
Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty: Because their magic would come in handy.
The Beast: We have a beast. Enough said.
Belle: I assume that in all her reading, she knows history and would be a great strategist.
Rapunzel: That hair is an incredible weapon and the healing power would be very useful in a fight. Plus, frying pans. Who knew? Right!?
Maui: His exploits would be legendary.
King Triton: need some help on the waters, which will become clear below.

And for fun, here's the Legion of Doom they would have to battle.

Maleficent
Ursula
Evil Queen from Snow White
Jafar
Syndrome
Gaston
Dr. Facilier

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney ... four parks, four meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack). You have to do one meal per park. What do you choose?

Breakfast - Cinderella’s Royal Table, MK
Lunch - Flame Tree BBQ, AK
Snack - Totchos at Woody’s Lunch Box, DHS
Dinner - Le Cellier, Epcot

Have a great week and stay safe, everyone!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney ... four parks, four meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack). You have to do one meal per park. What do you choose?
Breakfast: Main Street Bakery (spinach, feta and egg wrap with caramel macchiato)
Lunch: Sati’li Canteen (chili-spiced crispy fried tofu bowl)
Snack: Woody’s Lunch Box (vegetarian totchos)
Dinner: La Cantina de San Angel (cheese empanadas and margarita)

SAFD - do they have to be restaurants, or can we include food as part of an experience? Assuming it's the appropriate meal eaten within the park boundaries:

Breakfast: Cinderella Royal Table, MK
Lunch: lunch at the Boma overlook in the safari area during the Wild Africa Trek, AK
Snack: Oga's Cantina, DHS (liquid snack is still a snack)
Dinner: Epcot Forever Fireworks dinner package at Rose and Crown

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Breakfast - Cinderella’s Royal Table, MK
Lunch - Flame Tree BBQ, AK
Snack - Totchos at Woody’s Lunch Box, DHS
Dinner - Le Cellier, Epcot

Have a great week and stay safe, everyone!

Breakfast - Oga's Cantina, DHS
Lunch - Columbia House, MK
Snack - Nomad Lounge, AK
Dinner - Takumi Tei, Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter