March 2020 Beyond the Parks Exercise Challenge

I'd like to add another 300 minutes of walking and treadmill for the weekend and this morning. Love all of the pictures from the different lounges; what a beautiful sunset! The miniature golf courses look fun, too. Maybe someday we'll try one of them!
Thanks for continuing this thread into April! Exercise on, everyone, and enjoy those daffodils! ;)

Lots of reporting today! And ljcrochet and cmdisney both crossed the finish line to Disney Denim with 100%. Congratulations! Cinderbrella 1 finished the month at 90% and Watersport Wintergreen.
All the reports today put the team over the line to Disney Denim! Yea for us!!!!
I'll check in the next couple of days to get final totals for everyone. See you in April!

Let’s end our Days Out of the Parks adventure with the best places to see the fireworks. We’ve all been squashed on Main Street with thousands of our new best friends to see Wishes and Happily Ever After. And then the 6’10” guy stands up right in front of you just as the show starts. But there are a few places where you can be bit more comfortable as you enjoy the show. The projections on the castle make it important to be in the park to get the whole experience. So, Main Street is the best spot for the show. But if you just want to see the pyrotechnics, head to the bridge that leads to Be Our Guest. You’ll find yourself surrounded by the explosions. You’ll feel that you’re the center of the show!

If you’re trying to make a quick getaway at the end of the day, leave the park before the show starts and take the boat to the TTC. But don’t head right to the car. Stay at the boat launch! The sightline to the castle is perfect, and they play the soundtrack, too.

Another great spot is the beach at the Polynesian. Jump on the monorail, make a quick stop for something refreshing to enjoy as you sit on the beach and get ready to enjoy the show. You can see the projections on the castle but it’s the fireworks themselves that make this a great viewing spot. The perspective is wonderful - seeing the whole show against the sky is magical!

Things are different in Epcot. You can find so many little spots around World Showcase Lagoon to watch the show and not be part of a huge crowd. The seating area next to Rose and Crown is my personal favorite. The bridge from France to the UK is a good spot, too, and it has the advantage of a quick exit via International Gateway. Outside the park, the bridge over Crescent Lake between Beach Club and the Boardwalk is good, too. You won’t see the kites of Epcot Forever, but you’ll still see the pyrotechnics.
It’s bit trickier at Hollywood Studios. The projections are centered on the Chinese Theater, so the best place is the courtyard in front of the theater. But if you’d like to see just the fireworks, the Boardwalk bridge to the Swan and Dolphin offers a good view.

484704 484706

This has been such a strange month. We went from starting the month with 4 vacations planned. 3 of the 4 were cancelled and yesterday we cancelled the cruise we had booked for July 4th weekend.

I have 465 minutes to add to my total so 1067 minutes for the month of march.
I liked your minutes, but so sorry you had to cancel your trips! : (

180 final minutes - walk/jog, bird walking, horses

2745/1860

BonnieF, you were a fantastic host! Thanks for such a fun month! I am so ready to visit WDW again and to make time for some fun things outside the parks. Your posts were inspirational! : )

Okay, final totals are posted. The team finished with 15,045/14840. I'd say WE CRUSHED IT!!!!!:cheer2:

And, may I say how much I enjoyed doing the month! I found it really helped take my mind off our new vocabulary!
212 days till Food & Wine for me - here's hoping!

25 minutes to finish out the month yesterday, for a total of 720/500 - my best numbers in a while. :bounce:

Thanks again for hosting, @BonnieF - the beyond the parks info was really fun!

Okay, final totals are posted. The team finished with 15,045/14840. I'd say WE CRUSHED IT!!!!!:cheer2:

And, may I say how much I enjoyed doing the month! I found it really helped take my mind off our new vocabulary!
212 days till Food & Wine for me - here's hoping!

A huge thank you to BonnieF for coordinating this, and for all the work to go through all of these posts and total everything up. Very much appreciated!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter