March 2020 Beyond the Parks Exercise Challenge

After walking miles and miles in the parks, do you have the energy for a real workout? Disney has you covered! Many resorts feature fitness centers, and you don’t even have to be staying there to use it. The Grand Floridian and the Yacht and Beach Club resorts even allow you to purchase a one-time pass or even get one for the length of your stay so you can go as often as you like!
Wilderness Lodge offers Sturdy Branches Health Club and Animal Kingdom has Zahanati Fitness Center. Here, you can find a full assortment of cardio and cyber equipment.
Services and machines vary from resort to resort, but whatever way you like to workout, you’ll find a good match somewhere on site!
483805Grand Floridian

483807483806Beach Club

483808Animal Kingdom

Man I can’t believe in this whole mess that’s going on right now I totally forgot about this thread. So glad I came across it again and so glad to catch up on all these posts and see everyone doing great! I have been keeping up on exercising. I’m not going to go into detail since I’m so far behind but here’s my current total:

1740/1200

I think I should have set a higher goal but I honestly wasn’t expecting to do as much as I have been. Of course having all this extra time being out of work has certainly helped.

Man I can’t believe in this whole mess that’s going on right now I totally forgot about this thread. So glad I came across it again and so glad to catch up on all these posts and see everyone doing great! I have been keeping up on exercising. I’m not going to go into detail since I’m so far behind but here’s my current total:

1740/1200

I think I should have set a higher goal but I honestly wasn’t expecting to do as much as I have been. Of course having all this extra time being out of work has certainly helped.
I'm glad you returned to update us on your progress! Great job smashing your goal!!!

I'm back today to add 100 minutes--70 from Wednesday (I think, the days kind of all run together now) and 30 from 3/27.

860/800

Did some yard work today then hopped on my spin bike for a 20 min spin class and a 10 minute arms class. Weather looks iffy for the next couple of days here in MA so I’m going to have to push myself to get a few workouts in. I have lots of projects to do in the house but no motivation to get them done, anyone else having trouble finding the motivation to get stuff done?

1784/1200

Would your gang like to challenge each other with a fun round of miniature golf? There are three courses on site - Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland.
Fantasia Gardens transports you into the magic of the movie Fantasia, complete with the Sorcerer’s Apprentice and other characters from the movie. Putt your way through tutu-clad hippos, marching broomsticks, and pirouetting ostriches! Enjoy your round with the music from the movie in the background!
Winter Summerland is unlike any other mini golf courses you’ve ever known. The backstory has Santa building his vacation home Florida after he discovered snow there on his way back to the North Pole. There are two courses to play - Summer and Winter - get it??!!
Looking for more of a challenge? Fantasia Fairways resembles a real golf course, but on a miniature scale! Shoot your way through par-3 and par-5 holes, with sand traps, water hazards and sloping greens to keep you on your toes!

484150 484148 WINTER SUMMERLAND

484153484152 FANTASIA GARDENS

484160 FANTASIA FAIRWAYS

@BonnieF, I'm so glad you reminded us of the on-property gym options.

I wasn't aware one might purchase day passes! FWIW, when we used to visit for work conferences, I took advantage of the gym in the evening, mostly to unwind the conference stress and to sort my thoughts. I'm most familiar with the gym at Boardwalk but have also visited Sturdy Branches (love the name!) at Boulder Ridge and the lovely fitness center at SSR. We also frequent the gym on cruise ships. Now that we visit WDW for vacation (how odd is that?), I find that I get ample exercise just hitting the parks or other activities.

Mini-golf? Great for a non-park day or non-park visit, indeed! We've played the one across the street from the Dolphin in years past ... again, linked to our work events when we would't have had park tickets. Fun, fun. If we travel in May, it will be a mostly non-park stay ... so we might be playing again soon!

Happy Sunday, everyone! Feeling a little housebound today. 🌈 The weather is rotten again - we've had 16/29 days of rain this month. Ugh! So I did some weight work, and a little yoga for 30 minutes. Having my one glass of wine now - while the instant pot is making dinner! Binging Succession on hbo, too.
bwv - I've gotten as far as looking in the gyms, and feel the same - that the walking should cover it. But, since I've been going more regularly, I think on the next trip (October 🤞) I'll be more inclined to use it. My gym has been closed since mid-March and boy, do I miss it!
PrincessFionasmom - so glad you're back! Your numbers show you haven't slacked off! And, I'm with you not getting too much done. Sometimes the stress keeps us nailed to the couch! But I think we're in this for the long haul so I've made a list of things I want to accomplish. My plan is to do at least one per day. I've gotten three closets done so far! But I have to pile the bags in one room - none of our donation centers are open.

I have lots of projects to do in the house but no motivation to get them done, anyone else having trouble finding the motivation to get stuff done?

I have a list, but I kind of go with my mood. Some days, I accomplish a lot...some I watch a lot of TV.

I did get on the treadmill for a bit yesterday, as it the weather was not conducive to an outdoor walk. It's not as many minutes as the last couple of days (housework calls more loudly at home than out in the sunshine!) but I guess I'm already past goal, so everything at this point is bonus anyway!

+15 min
= 675/500

What would a tour outside the parks be without some real adult time - how about a pub crawl? Put the kiddies in a kids club and head out to enjoy some of the wonderful concoctions created by the mixologists around the world.
Let’s begin with my personal favorite - a Monorail Pub Crawl. We’ll make stops in the Contemporary Resort, the Polynesian, and finish at the Grand Floridian. The Lounge at California Grill is a great place to start. The view of the Magic Kingdom is the best in the world! Since you don’t need reservation to sit at a the bar, let the hostess know and head on up. At the bar, you can order from the restaurant menu if you’d like a full meal. For the pub crawl, enjoy a delicious Saké martini or, my personal favorite, a passion fruit margarita. The toughest decision is timing - do you want a fabulous sunset or the fireworks? To enjoy the fireworks, maybe make this your last stop on the tour.
Next stop on the monorail is the lovely Polynesian Resort. We have a tough choice here - Tambu Lounge or Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto. Let’s start at Tambu Lounge. It’s a busy spot, just outside Ohana, but that makes it just perfect for people watching. How about sharing a Lapu Lapu - a fruity rum drink served in a pineapple and enough for two! Some pork nachos would be great to nibble on, too.
If you’d rather go to Trader Sam’s, be sure to arrive promptly at opening (usually 4:00) to score a seat without waiting. The experience here is truly unique! From the periodic thunderstorms to the servers donning flamingo pool tubes to serve certain drinks, you’re sure to enjoy yourself. If you order a Uh-Oa, you’ll be in for a real show! The server performs a special chant while throwing cinnamon on your flaming drink as the staff joins in. It’s soooo much fun!
Last, but not least, on this trip is the Grand Floridian Resort and the new Enchanted Rose Lounge. In addition to wonderful specialty cocktails, you can enjoy delicious appetizers such as octopus à la Plancha and Truffle Fries. Yum! For a truly special experience, order a Tableside Cocktail - your choice of Love or Envy. These will be prepared at your table as the server tells the tale behind the emotions.

484484 484485

Happy Sunday, everyone! Feeling a little housebound today. 🌈 The weather is rotten again - we've had 16/29 days of rain this month. Ugh! So I did some weight work, and a little yoga for 30 minutes. Having my one glass of wine now - while the instant pot is making dinner! Binging Succession on hbo, too.
bwv - I've gotten as far as looking in the gyms, and feel the same - that the walking should cover it. But, since I've been going more regularly, I think on the next trip (October 🤞) I'll be more inclined to use it. My gym has been closed since mid-March and boy, do I miss it!
PrincessFionasmom - so glad you're back! Your numbers show you haven't slacked off! And, I'm with you not getting too much done. Sometimes the stress keeps us nailed to the couch! But I think we're in this for the long haul so I've made a list of things I want to accomplish. My plan is to do at least one per day. I've gotten three closets done so far! But I have to pile the bags in one room - none of our donation centers are open.

You sound like me, BonnieF. I'm tackling closets, cabinets, and drawers. It's amazing how much stuff has been stashed that I no longer care to hold onto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter