***March 2020***

So bummed over here. I mean, once they announced DL I knew it was coming, but it still feels like waking up from a bad dream. Trying to figure out when to rebook. Any tips? We’ve only ever gone during March...

So bummed over here. I mean, once they announced DL I knew it was coming, but it still feels like waking up from a bad dream. Trying to figure out when to rebook. Any tips? We’ve only ever gone during March...
We are in the same boat. We spend a week at the end of March or beginning of April almost every time we visit except for once, when we stopped for one day at Epcot on the way home from a cruise in October. The weather seemed similar--very comfortable--but the park was crowded due to food and wine. Now we have kids in school, and we can't pull them for a trip in October. We are trying for the middle of June. Good luck to you all.

We are super bummed and the past 48 hours have kind of been crazy. Thankfully our kids handled the news so well and had better attitudes than we did, sadly. We were SO close...just six days until we left. Thankfully, we were able to get all aspects of the trip refunded and have re-booked for October. I just joined the October thread this morning and it felt so weird. I'll miss all of you Marchers!

We have a VERY quick trip in May with the kids and some of their friends, so at least that will tide us over until the big trip in October.

So sad for all of us! But we rebooked for 6/16 through 6/22 and went from moderate to deluxe for only $900 more for the whole trip thanks to the summer promotion, and felt pretty good about that in the end!

Oh that was painful, giving up all my reservations and fastpasses that carried over into April. Had to cancel all the April fastpasses manually, as only the March ones were already gone. I've rebooked our trip for July, so we have that at least! Hey, I guess the best way I can look at it is that I get to do one of my favorites things all over again, planning a new trip! Looks like the wife and I will be heading to the Rocky Mountains during spring break instead. Just booked us a 4 star hotel for much cheaper than expected, and it's one we've stayed at before, so we know it's a good one!

So after a call with American Airlines this afternoon we learned we have to travel before the end of August so there went plans for October. We are now booked for June 18-26th at CBR. I got all of my dining reservations we had except Ohana Dinner and Beaches and Cream. I even snagged an 8:10a PPO for Garden Grill!

Best of luck to you all i love hearing your new plans.

We decided to spend the vacation at the beach. We did the last two days at Disney ,we found a beach house near Melbourne. Its really nice being so calm the complete opposite of WDW the last week. I can only imagine how tomorrow will go. Im sad that we are not going to the other two parks. Guess ill just have to come back.

So after a call with American Airlines this afternoon we learned we have to travel before the end of August so there went plans for October. We are now booked for June 18-26th at CBR. I got all of my dining reservations we had except Ohana Dinner and Beaches and Cream. I even snagged an 8:10a PPO for Garden Grill!

Do a TP res finder for Ohana, I have had luck every single time, and we always have huge parties! I bet you could get B&C, too.

We will be there again the 19-23-also with an 8:05 Garden Grill made for the lone purpose of hoping Remy is open and we can get in line early! We do like Garden Grill breakfast, but have done it several times and would like Les Halles more! Don't give up on O'Hana!

I feel for everyone who needs to cancel/postpone your trip. We just returned on 3/12 and everyone keeps telling me, "You're so lucky you just got your trip in before Disney closed". But honestly, I don't feel that lucky. I feel more sad for everyone else that had their trips cancelled. And nervous/concerned about all that is going on. But all I can do is keep washing/cleaning and taking all the necessary precautions.

Stay safe everyone and good luck with all of your new plans!

Best of luck to you all i love hearing your new plans.

We decided to spend the vacation at the beach. We did the last two days at Disney ,we found a beach house near Melbourne. Its really nice being so calm the complete opposite of WDW the last week. I can only imagine how tomorrow will go. Im sad that we are not going to the other two parks. Guess ill just have to come back.

I think you were very smart to head to the beach. Our trip was 3/12-15 but we came home today and cut off one day. We had talked about heading to the beach if we arrived to find it closed. We got a text from our son just before riding FoP during AK AH and pretty much decided to do 1 more day (and no more buses) and then come home today.

For those that are bummed, I have to say I found it very stressful to be there among that many people. One bus from AK to AKL (we were just going to see it and have a drink) was so jam packed that I almost had an anxiety attack. We are healthy mid 50s, but still. I work from home and my husband works at a very small office, so reflecting back it seems like a mistake to have gone. :(

We feel the same way, we debated about leaving so hard. It was a 2 day drive and we arrived Sunday. On Thursday once they announced closing WDW and DL we really got nervous, packed up and left the next morning. Hindsight is 20/20 of course but the disruption to our lives going forward is going to be extreme, because now we are required to self-isolate for 14 days and new research coming out that the virus could still be present for up to 5 weeks after contagion. It’s scary. At the end seeing anyone cough and wearing masks was truly unsettling. The parks were not busy, but the lines were still long and you can tell they were not running at capacity. I’ve never seen so many long faces at Disney!

I completely understand. We did not actually witness that many coughing (thankfully) but anytime we did it pulls you right out of the moment and gave you pause. Anytime someone got too close to me in line (IMO) I felt uncomfortable. We constantly walked the most empty path, always kept groups in front of us at staging rooms (ToT, RnRC), but in some cases you can't help but walk against the flow of people.

Also, clearly they have hand sanitizer in places that normally do not, but we did NOT find it to be as available as we expected.

We had a cougher behind us on the plane and used masks for the duration. I know some airports are seeing sparse crowds but MCO is packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter