March Break Flights

Seems like a game the airlines play and they feed off of each other. So if others are high then why would the last one be cheap? American airlines released cheap at $289 but then quickly went up from there and their return is 537 like the other pricing. With WestJet holding off they can see the other release prices.
Mel at least you got a fantastic price going there with your WestJet dollars. Good luck with your return flight. Let us know how it goes.

Yeah...I noticed that this morning too. From Tor to MIA, there is only one direct flight on WestJet on the Friday and it's over $600. Good you have WestJet dollars so that helps. We've booked our way there last week and got a "good" deal (I say "good" as it's relative for March Break), but am noticing the return flights are high. We just booked our return on United...but definitely more than we paid going there.

Wonder the pattern...if prices will remain high and go higher, or if they'll drop???

Good luck with your return.
I'm gonna watch them for now in hopper and hope they drop a bit. West jet has finally released a few of the days of march break, but they're expensive! I'm hoping the rest of the week releases soon so I can watch the round trip price and book when I can swallow the cost.

I'm gonna watch them for now in hopper and hope they drop a bit. West jet has finally released a few of the days of march break, but they're expensive! I'm hoping the rest of the week releases soon so I can watch the round trip price and book when I can swallow the cost.

Yes, that's the other option. Hopper does seem to indicate that lower prices are expected...so hopefully good prices will come up. Was surprised at WestJet's initial price too...especially when they are the one airline holding back. Good luck...hope WestJet releases soon so you have the whole picture and that prices drop too so you can grab good flights.

How reliable is Hopper, though? I have Xmas dates that it's telling me to wait on, but I am skeptical. Okay, nervous about waiting that the prices will rise.

How reliable is Hopper, though? I have Xmas dates that it's telling me to wait on, but I am skeptical. Okay, nervous about waiting that the prices will rise.
Same here for a returning flight after a cruise at the end of school Holliday break. Waiting anxiously and stressfully!

I haven't seen a place on Google Flights that gives a recommendation. Am I missing something? But it is better at showing prices and flights. Hopper will make recommendations on when to buy. I don't know how accurate they are, though, which makes me nervous.

I've used Flight Hopper before for non-peak and it seemed pretty good.

I have to question peak times though. It's saying for direct flights for the Friday before March Break for TOR (Pearson) to MIA that direct flights will drop as low as $307. For the return flight....on the Saturday will drop to $314 and Sunday to $257. Not sure I believe that.

I spot checked flights last March Break and lowest I ever saw for direct flights for a total of 4 people was $2854 (sorry...I only noted total cost for return). Now, I missed opening prices and I only checked once in awhile to get an idea.
We bought as soon as we could for upcoming March break and our total is $2655 (got better deal going there than return)

This is me exactly. Our March Break is the last week of March, so I still have to wait for a couple of weeks before those dates open up.

Hopper is handy but I never put all my eggs into one basket. While I do use Hopper, I also manually check for flights pretty often (usually several times per day as the dates open up) and know what I'm looking for and what I have paid in the past. So far the price for the direct WJ flights are actually a bit better than the United ones with 1 stop for us (YEG-MCO) but are still pricey. Once our dates are on the calendar, I'll probably jump for the non-stop WJ flights if they are within a few hundred dollars of what we've paid in the past. I have to keep reminding myself that everything else has gone up in price so I shouldn't expect the same prices for flights year after year.

I haven't seen a place on Google Flights that gives a recommendation. Am I missing something? But it is better at showing prices and flights. Hopper will make recommendations on when to buy. I don't know how accurate they are, though, which makes me nervous.
You have to watch the flights yourself on google flights. They won't recommend when to buy. They do email when the price drops or goes up.

I think that WestJet has realized that many people have the WJ MasterCard and use WJ dollars and companion fares for March Break thus they raise the fares to compensate. I also read that they have brought out a low cost fare that you cannot use WJ dollars on.

I also read that they have brought out a low cost fare that you cannot use WJ dollars on.

True, but it seems those "bare bones" fares are not necessarily offered on all flights. The YEG-MCO flights I've been checking out have never had that fare even offered. I doubt if I'd buy it even if it was.

Also, those bare bones are really bare. You can't even prepay to book a seat. Unless you're a day traveller on a short-haul or a student going home on a break, I don't know who those are good for... not families that want to sit together or anyone that hates a middle seat.

Wow...$5700 for travelling from Toronto to Miami and back!
One thing I noticed ...
  • there is only 1 direct flight offered --> is this usual?
  • they are only showing the cost for 'flex' --> will they eventually release economy seats?

Wow...$5700 for travelling from Toronto to Miami and back!
One thing I noticed ...
  • there is only 1 direct flight offered --> is this usual?
  • they are only showing the cost for 'flex' --> will they eventually release economy seats?
I think all the economy seats have been sold, that WJ is having fewer direct flights to Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts