Mardi Gras Week

jkh36619

DIS Veteran
Was kicking around the idea of staying Feb 12-17 next year at the fort since park attendance is so low. Nothing but a tent site available. crud.

Keep checking, there may be cancellations.

Yes I think people are holding existing reservations with a wait-and-see-what-happens attitude. There might be more cancellations than normal closer to time.

I happen to have a reservation during that time period and I am still going, if it's like it is now, fwiw.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Yes I think people are holding existing reservations with a wait-and-see-what-happens attitude. There might be more cancellations that normal closer to time.

I happen to have a reservation during that time period and I am still going, if it's like it is now, fwiw.

Bama Ed

I hope something opens up. We live in Baldwin County and school goes back Thursday. Mobile is out all week.

We plan to be there. We booked back in December though.
When we arrive depends on what happens with Mardi Gras though.

We plan to be there. We booked back in December though.
When we arrive depends on what happens with Mardi Gras though.

How fortuitous 🤩 We're booked 12-21 Feb 2021. Didn't realize it was Mardi Gras when I booked it. Well, just proves even a blind squirrel....look, it's TiggerDad!

ooh, I smell a potential DISmeet in Feb if we can make the dates work with everybody's park reservation days. Bama Ed

How fortuitous 🤩 We're booked 12-21 Feb 2021. Didn't realize it was Mardi Gras when I booked it. Well, just proves even a blind squirrel....look, it's TiggerDad!

I think those are the dates we have booked too. DW has a Mardi Gras event that likely has us actually arriving on the 14th.

If that cancels and school stays virtual, we’ll come in on the 12th.

I think those are the dates we have booked too. DW has a Mardi Gras event that likely has us actually arriving on the 14th.

If that cancels and school stays virtual, we’ll come in on the 12th.

FWIW (just putting it out there):

Friday, Feb 12 is a non-park day for me. Sounds like an arrival day for both of you (if Pluto can get DW to ditch the MG event and show up early that is).

Saturday Feb 13 is our Epcot Day. DD is hot to get over to Italy and order some pizza to see if there are any cute Italian guys left over there.

Sunday Feb 14 we leave to go home. Can hang till 11am (10am Central) but I got to be on the road by that time because it's about 10 hours on the drive home (with food, gas, bathroom stops).

But I will make whatever we can get work. We arrive Sunday Feb 7 as extra info.

Ed

Was kicking around the idea of staying Feb 12-17 next year at the fort since park attendance is so low. Nothing but a tent site available. crud.

Also, have you tried breaking the stay up into smaller chunks in the reservation page?

one of our trips we couldn’t get a reservation but each individual day was available with the same level site. Called and explained that to a CM and they sorted it out.
On our last trip, the first and last nights we wanted weren’t available. So we had alternative campgrounds booked and checked daily until we got them. The last night we secured a few months ahead of time. The first night we secured as we were pulling into the other campground.

Also, have you tried breaking the stay up into smaller chunks in the reservation page?

one of our trips we couldn’t get a reservation but each individual day was available with the same level site. Called and explained that to a CM and they sorted it out.
On our last trip, the first and last nights we wanted weren’t available. So we had alternative campgrounds booked and checked daily until we got them. The last night we secured a few months ahead of time. The first night we secured as we were pulling into the other campground.
Good Idea but no luck. Found 15-17 tho. May book those and hope for the rest

the city seems to be cancelling Mardi Gras (as expected). We'll be arriving to the fort on the 12th!! Keeping 5 day park tickets so we'll have a couple of hanging at the fort days while we're there too. We haven't done those before.

We're arriving on the 12th, too! I CAN'T WAIT!! My DMom will be coming with us this for trip and asking if anyone was planning a golf cart Mardi Gras parade.

I might see if I can borrow the trailer again and lug the cart over to visit. I wouldn't be staying so I'd park the car and trailer in the overflow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!