Maria and Enzo's Review, 12/5/2020

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Hi Everyone,

DH and I and our good friends and neighbors decided that we need a night out. I was able to secure a table for 4 at Maria and Enzo's. This would be our first time dinning here.

We arrived about 5 minutes ahead of our reservation, we only waited around 8 minutes total to be seated. So pretty dang good start.. We were seated in a booth, that was nice and roomy, and we could see the balloon going up and down.. I really like the interior decor', really interesting, and very relaxing.

Our server, was stretched a bit thin, he seemed to have alot of tables, and was running around like crazy... He did give us good service, and was knowledgeable about the menu... He did go above and beyond, I requested a Riesling, and they did not have it, and went to the hide away, to get some for me... Which was very much appreciated... Both guys went with Peroni beers, and my Friend went with a red.

A large basket of bread was brought along with bread plates and such... dipping sauce and butter which we requested...

DH and I decided to share the Calamari - the Calamari was cooked well, and the batter while very light did stick and make a nice coating, and was flavorful... I thought that the ratio of calamari to hot cherry pepper was not even balanced... way to many cherry peppers for us... DH did like the spicy marinara sauce, I did not care for it at all... Hot peppers and spicy marinara, just seemed over board... We both did like the garlic ailoi, we both thought it was a better pairing for the calamari, and those cherry peppers... - 18.00

For Dinner -
DH went with Chicken Parm... and the piece of Chicken was huge, well cooked, very moist and very light breading. The spaghetti was good perfectly... and the sauce was really good, DH was in heaven really good Chicken Parm is not easily found... and he was a very happy guy... 32.00
For Me - I went with the short rib, the meat was so tender, and had that all day cooked taste, quite tasty... The polenta was disappointing... It was not creamy and very bland, it was in need of some love for sure... it needed cream, and in much need of alot of cheese, and basic salt and pepper and some seasoning... It state's roasted carrots and onions... I got one baby white carrot, and one tiny onion... the dish was not visually appealing, the polenta, carrot and onions all blended together with brown meat... 38.00... Would not reorder this dish again...

We skipped dessert... nothing really looked that great, and ended up going over to Goofy's candy for some cookies... Which were very good...

Yes we would go back and eat there again... I just would order something different...

For those who want to know... We did not see anyone without their mask on, and people where social distancing... The wait to get into the store's was crazy long... well over a hour for the World of Disney, Once a upon a Story, about 30 min's... the Lego store had a very long long line... we did not even ask what the wait was... I will say the small bars are set up, and only one person is working them... Please be kind to the bartenders and take care of them, we witnessed this young woman just out and out yell at the bartender outside of Jock Lindsey's... She did not think that he was moving fast enough, and was not making drinks fast enough for her...She paid in cash and did not tip him... Not cool... That was really the only mishap we saw...

Thank for your review :) I'm glad to see it is still good.
My husband and I went to Marie and Enzo's on our last trip (pre-COVID) for lunch and we REALLY enjoyed it. It was really empty at lunch even then and we had a beautiful view of the lake and balloon too. We really want to go back in the future. Loved the ambience and food when we were there.

Thanks for your review! I’ve been wanting to check that restaurant out because I love Italian food. I’ll have to keep it on my list for new places to try.

What a shame to hear that someone was treating the bartender that way. If you go somewhere during COVID, be prepared to exercise patience. Common sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter