Mariner is Great!

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
We returned from a 4 night Mariner cruise and loved it! It was refurbished in June and our kids 13 and 9, particularly loved the SkyPad, the waterslides and Laser Tag. Ship is really beautiful as Royal ships tend to be, and great service and activities. The pools do get crowded on sea days (2 for all, plus there is 1 solarium pool).

We stayed in a spacious ocean view balcony. It has lots of space for a cruise room with many shelves and drawers for putting your stuff. Balcony was really nice to have...especially those early mornings before our kids woke up.

Food is subjective but we tried Chops for the first time and loved it. The other nights we ate in the MDR and were seated with 2 other groups (of 2 each) that were very nice to be with. Meals in MDR varied depending on what we got (garlic shrimp the best), but really no complaints. Definitely less options in terms of restaurants compared with Allure but no complaints as we certainly didn't go hungry. Breakfast we had in Windjammer except one morning we went oi MDR. They have really good Eggs Benedict and my daughter's strawberry pancakes looked delicious. You can order off the menu plus take items form the buffet they have out. Windjammer buffet is huge! Lunch was also in the Windjammer which had tons of variety.

Shows were pretty good....ice show, couple production shows and couple headliners that did comedy type shows.

Had a lovely time in CoCo Cay...really pretty beach. The loungers are included but we rented an umbrella for $30. Lunch is provided as well and they have activities on the beach.

We stayed on the ship in Nassau and enjoyed a quieter ship (best time to go on waterslides and SkyPad once it opened).

Let me know if any questions. We all had an amazing time. DH and I booked Independence for a few months from now we loved it so much (different class ship but seems similar)

Sounds lovely! I'll be interested to hear a comparison with Indy as both are on my list of ships I want to try, but not sure which to go for. I am leaning to Mariner once it moves to Port Canaveral and Coco Cay is updated. Add a few Disney days :) and I think it would be an amazing trip! But Indy is similar to Freedom which I have been on twice and we really enjoyed. I think Indy is updated though, water slides and such... My son loves water slides.

Sounds lovely! I'll be interested to hear a comparison with Indy as both are on my list of ships I want to try, but not sure which to go for. I am leaning to Mariner once it moves to Port Canaveral and Coco Cay is updated. Add a few Disney days :) and I think it would be an amazing trip! But Indy is similar to Freedom which I have been on twice and we really enjoyed. I think Indy is updated though, water slides and such... My son loves water slides.

Yes, Indy now has waterslides, SkyPad, Flowrider (not sure if that is new or it was there before) and Laser Tag....which is why it seems similar to Mariner. Can report back in Dec how they compare. Mariner once our of Port Canaveral + Disney would be amazing. I could see us doing that some day. And yeah, CoCo Cay looks fun (we'll have that on future cruise).

So glad you loved Freedom. Never been on that class before so interested in seeing ow they compare. Wonder if it'll seem different, or since it's Royal, more similar (way of doing things, decor, etc).

Yes, Indy now has waterslides, SkyPad, Flowrider (not sure if that is new or it was there before) and Laser Tag....which is why it seems similar to Mariner. Can report back in Dec how they compare. Mariner once our of Port Canaveral + Disney would be amazing. I could see us doing that some day. And yeah, CoCo Cay looks fun (we'll have that on future cruise).

So glad you loved Freedom. Never been on that class before so interested in seeing ow they compare. Wonder if it'll seem different, or since it's Royal, more similar (way of doing things, decor, etc).

We have only been on Majesty and Freedom on RCL. They were both similar in that they are Royal so a lot of things were the same, but the ships were very different in size and amenities. We liked that all the stuff kiddo wanted to do was at one end of the ship on Freedom, so it was easy to find our way, we stayed once on deck 9 and once on 8, it was just a couple flights up or down to all the stuff he liked. We loved the ship the first time and still enjoyed it the second time but I think the additions that are on Indy would make it amazing. The size was pretty good too, we had to tender and that actually wasn't too bad. Heck we even got to actually swim in the pools, so it wasn't feeling crowded. The windjammer was similar on both, and the dining room, including menus. Food selection was pretty much the same. We don't usually do the paid meals but did one on Freedom and it was good. Any way! Enjoy the cruise in December.

We returned from a 4 night Mariner cruise and loved it!.....................

Thanks for posting a giving a glowing review. DW and I have Mariner in 2020 out of PC for the 4 nights with such a deal that even though it is only the 2 of us, as of now, I booked a 2 bedroom stern. Yup it has some obstruction but SO WHAT at the price.

Thanks for posting a giving a glowing review. DW and I have Mariner in 2020 out of PC for the 4 nights with such a deal that even though it is only the 2 of us, as of now, I booked a 2 bedroom stern. Yup it has some obstruction but SO WHAT at the price.

Keep checking. You have lots of time to get lucky with a price drop or change in stateroom category. We started with interior ( for 4 of us!). Then an amazing price came up for balcony guarantee. We paid very little more and got lucky with great spacious balcony. We didnt love the location so we just switched to another available in same category and had a great room. But to be honest, we would have been totally happy in the interior as we were excited to just be on the ship. Good luck.

Keep checking. You have lots of time to get lucky with a price drop or change in stateroom category. We started with interior ( for 4 of us!). Then an amazing price came up for balcony guarantee. We paid very little more and got lucky with great spacious balcony. We didnt love the location so we just switched to another available in same category and had a great room. But to be honest, we would have been totally happy in the interior as we were excited to just be on the ship. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I'm always checking for a price reduction.

My twin 15 year old girls and I are going for Spring break (March 11-15). It will be our second RCL cruise (first on Brilliance) after 3 on Disney Dream. We have the corner large panoramic room, the ultimate dining package, and a Coco cay cabana, so we'll have tons of fun. Trying to still convince my girls that RCL is just as fun as Disney, but maybe being 15, they can't be convinced of anything Dad says.

How was embarkation and the port in Miami? Did your teen do any teen activities? Did you try other free foods? Where did you stay in Miami?

Sorry, so many questions. I'm happy with a drink in my hand and the ocean going by, but teenagers are hard to please.

Some pictures...

Mariner
IMG_1427%20Small_zps5t42ssos.jpeg

Waterslides
IMG_1349%20Small_zpsin88npz2.jpeg

Flowrider with Slide in Backgroud
IMG_1360%20Small_zpspklql7uv.jpeg

Sky Pad in Background (yellow globe) and Climbing Structure, Hammocks
IMG_1266%20Small_zpshzgotbv5.jpeg

Had a lovely time in CoCo Cay...really pretty beach. The loungers are included but we rented an umbrella for $30. Lunch is provided as well and they have activities on the beach.

We stayed on the ship in Nassau and enjoyed a quieter ship (best time to go on waterslides and SkyPad once it opened).

I'm glad you had a nice cruise! We will be going on the Mariner out of Port Canaveral in May! Couple questions if you don't mind, where do you rent the umbrellas on Coco Cay? Also, do you happen to remember when the SkyPad opened while docked at Nassau?

I'm glad you had a nice cruise! We will be going on the Mariner out of Port Canaveral in May! Couple questions if you don't mind, where do you rent the umbrellas on Coco Cay? Also, do you happen to remember when the SkyPad opened while docked at Nassau?

Thank you. Sure...questions are welcome. :-)
DH rented the umbrella. I just asked him and he's trying to remember. He thinks it was near where you rented boats and stuff for the water. He can't quite remember but he didn't have to go far and we were seated near the Aqua park area. They are bright rainbow umbrellas so obvious when you are there.

For the SkyPad, I just checked the cruise compass and it opened at 2:30pm on our Nassau day (and same time on CoCo Cay day).

Enjoy your cruise. Mariner is awesome!

Were the cabins refurbished? Are there on demand movies?

Pretty sure our cabin wasn't refurbished (spacious balcony on deck 7). But I think there are a few new ones that were added? I will say though that there is lots of storage for things. The washroom is small but there is other shelving to put additional toiletries and things you don't necessarily need in the washroom. Lots of drawers as well as hangers and shelves in the closest.

I didn't notice the tv. Our kids always just put on the kids channels and i never checked myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter