Masks

Taylorfamily4

Earning My Ears
Any tips for 3 years to wear masks the whole time. They are pretty good but im nervous about them wearing them for hours at a time

I've seen a number of parents linking mask-wearing to something they enjoy, like screen time - e.g. if they want screen time, they need to wear a mask while doing it. Start early, start in smaller increments and work up to longer ones. Most kids adjust pretty quickly, better than the adults I know!

Make up a story about it and practice....something like at Mickey's house, masks help Mickey stay well....then you can build excitement about seeing all of the things they will see, and weave the importance of masks into the story at the same time...

I echo all the comments above, start now, and be consistent. Also, model the behavior, wearing your mask consistently. Let them pick out several masks that they love. Show videos of their favorite characters wearing masks. Show youtube videos like this one.
Also, make sure the masks they have are comfortable. If you notice it's bothering them behind their ears, get a headband style one. There are a lot of options and help LO be the most comfortable they can be!

I would look at getting the disposable ones for a kid that young. They are typically a lot easier to breathe through, which would probably make them more comfortable for a little one. I've seen some places selling disposable masks with cute, kid friendly patterns on it. Definitely check Target if you have one if your area.

Maybe try a mask that has their favorite characters on them? Perhaps a few to choose from to make it fun for them?

I agree with above, start now and have them wear it during something they enjoy and let him/her pick out their own masks. I teach preschool, 3 and 4 year olds, I highly recommend getting mask lanyards too. They are a lifesaver, not putting their mask down on something dirty when they get a mask break or are eating and no lost mask. I second disposable masks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!